What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Summer Usage?  (Read 6929 times)

jnk

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Summer Usage?
« on: March 04, 2005, 08:06:40 pm »
My husband and I are strongly considering purchasing a spa.  We have been shopping around and will probably choose a HotSprings model (Sovereign or Envoy) depending on how much we decide to spend.  We still haven't wet tested however.  We were gearing up to make the purchase this spring, until a friend of ours who has a hot tub told us that he and his family never use theirs in the summer (too hot/ uncomfortable).  If this is the case we may wait until fall to purchase.  We live in central Virginia where summer temps easily get into the 90s.  Do any of you turn the temp. down and continue to soak in the summer months, or is the spa a cool weather treat?

Hot Tub Forum

Summer Usage?
« on: March 04, 2005, 08:06:40 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Summer Usage?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 08:18:25 pm »
I Know of many who turn down the temps....even at 95 you will quickly feel cooled down...when you immerse yourself in water that is almost 4 degrees cooler than your body temp you will be amazed, remember you are just sitting and it is much different than swimming in a pool.....

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 08:29:07 pm »
Check out the discussions on temperature on page 2 of this forum.

They could (and should) be used 12 months of the year!

Steve
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 08:29:35 pm by Steve »

jnk

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 08:45:59 pm »
I will refer my friend to this message board!  Any ideas on the Sovereign v. Envoy? Is the dual motomassage and the extra recliner seat in the the Envoy worth the bucks?  Just wondering if anyone has wet tested both?

jbyrd72

• Can't wait to be soakin'!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 08:58:13 pm »
I have looked at both the HS Envoy and the Caldera Uptopia Tahiation and the Utopia Geneva.  All 3 are great tubs but you must wet test each before buying.  Where in Va r u located?  I'm over in the Staunton area and we have a couple of dealers here.  1-HS  1-Caldera
1-LA spas and Great Lakes.  If you get the chance go and check out the Bullfrog Spas at the dealership in Gordonsville.  I will probbally be purchasing one with in a year as soon as I get some bills settled. Hope this helps.  THis is a great forum for lots of info

jnk

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 09:07:21 pm »
I am in Bedford.  We have a Hotsprings dealer in Roanoke & Lynchburg, a Marquis dealer, Cal spas dealer, and a new pdc dealer (which I can't seem to find much information on).  I have visited the Hotsprings dealer in Lynchburg.  They have been very helpful, and I know several people who speak highly of them for service.  I did call the Hotsprings dealer in Roanoke.  Their price on the Envoy was the same as Lynchburg, but their Sovereign was a little higher.  I do plan to visit the Marquis dealer, but I have not heard that much about them (hot tubs or dealer).

Rmack

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 09:19:05 pm »
We recently wet tested the Vista and the Envoy, with the Envoy being our favorite. the model we tested was a 2004 so it only had the single motomassage. We are still going to test the Maxxus before making a final decision.

One thing we did not like about the HS spas was the spaudio which is an accessory for $1299. It is very muffled with it's speakers below the water line, and you could only feel the music in two side positions in the spa. If we do decide on that model we will install an external stereo system for it.

Ron

I will refer my friend to this message board!  Any ideas on the Sovereign v. Envoy? Is the dual motomassage and the extra recliner seat in the the Envoy worth the bucks?  Just wondering if anyone has wet tested both?

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 09:19:19 pm »
Odd that you haven't heard much about Marquis! You will find a whole lot of positive feedback on this or just about any other forum on them!

I think you will understand why when you go look for yourself. Be sure to bring a suit and try them out!!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 09:20:49 pm »
Check this board and others Marquis is highly spoke of and well regarded....

jnk

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2005, 09:31:05 pm »
I assume that most dealers will negotiate price somewhat.  Is there a general rule-of-thumb about how much a dealer will come down on price?  I have been quoted $8500 for the Envoy and $7000 for the Sovereign.  Should I try to haggle? How do the Marquis comparable models compare in price?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 09:32:46 pm by jnk »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2005, 05:31:52 am »
I assume that most dealers will negotiate price somewhat.  Is there a general rule-of-thumb about how much a dealer will come down on price?  I have been quoted $8500 for the Envoy and $7000 for the Sovereign.  Should I try to haggle? How do the Marquis comparable models compare in price?

Nah, I wouldn't try to haggle! I would run right over to the Marquis dealer.....The price is better ;)

Seriously though yes, Marquis will be very comparible if not a bit less.

Understand that some dealers don't mark their price up only to drop it for some hokey reason or another. They may be giving you thier best price right up front.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2005, 08:22:38 am »
Ours is just finished with its 2nd year of year around use.  Yes, we turn the temps down, but never below 98. Even Virginia summers aren't above 90 everyday with no cooling at night.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2005, 08:46:33 am »
Ours is just finished with its 2nd year of year around use.  Yes, we turn the temps down, but never below 98. Even Virginia summers aren't above 90 everyday with no cooling at night.

I agree!  I turn mine down to 97 sometimes, the hubby likes it like that!

It can be very refreshing if the temps have been in the 90's!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2005, 11:27:00 am »
Same here.  We knock the temperature back a few degrees in the summer.  Don't know exactly why, but it seems that the mosquitos don't bother us in the evening when we are soaking.  
Brewman
Brewman

wade

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2005, 01:03:11 pm »
have experienced pretty well the same .we turn our tub. still makes fir arelaxing time down to about100. our nights hear in saskatchewan are usuallycool even though day are in 90s in summer.still makes for arelaximg time.i find we don't use jets in warmer temps

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2005, 01:03:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42