What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Somebody help a newbie  (Read 4197 times)

danielle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Somebody help a newbie
« on: March 03, 2005, 08:40:17 am »
 ???We are looking at purchasing our first hot tub.  Checked them out at the home show and would like some advice.  We're looking at HS Envoy for $7999, Sundance Altamar at $7999 for 2005 or $7395 for 2004 or the D1 Diplomat for $8295.  Are any of these a no-no?  Are any of these prices out of line?  I live in Central PA.  

Hot Tub Forum

Somebody help a newbie
« on: March 03, 2005, 08:40:17 am »

twok99

Re: Somebody help a newbie
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 09:12:02 am »
They are all quality tubs.  You will enjoy either one of them.  Look for specific features (jests, seat layout, comfort, color, is it in stock or do you have to wait for, lights waterfalls, etc.) that you like better or a dealer that you are comforable with.  You should always check around for prices (and try and get as much packaged in with the original purchase, i.e., steps chemicals, cover lifter, extra filters, etc.), but it is better to buy from someone close to home who will do your service for you (if needed) than to try and find someone 200 miles away to save $100.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 09:14:07 am »
Pretty much the same here:

They are all quality tubs.  You will enjoy any one of them.  Look for specific features (jests, seat layout, comfort, color, is it in stock or do you have to wait for, lights waterfalls, etc.) that you like better or a dealer that you are comforable with.  

You should always try to get as much packaged in with the original purchase, i.e., steps chemicals, cover lifter, extra filters, etc. but it is better to buy from someone close to home who will do your service for you (if needed) than to try and find someone 200 miles away to save $100.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 09:23:00 am »
A wet test will finalize your decision as to which is best for you.

For comfort, massage and feature I feel that the D1 Diplomat would be my first choice out of those but then I haven't been in a new Sundance or Hotspring for almost a year so I don't know the new changes.

I do know that out of all the brands we sell, the D1 ultra pure filtration system seems to be much more effective at keeping the water crystal clear with little to no effort on your part.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 09:28:28 am »
A wet test will finalize your decision as to which is best for you.
Thank-you Stuart, I forgot to add that.

You really cannot tell how comfortable a tub is dry. There are seats which hold you against the jets better than others, and seats which turn out to be totally useless for you when wet.

There are also seats which are just plain uncomfortable dry which may very well end up being your favorite when the tub is full and hot.

Wet test.

starjr13

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 10:08:36 am »
Wet Test wet test wet test!
And don't be afraid to haggle over the price a bit!
You could get a higher Sundance I'm sure for something close in that money area.
Have fun shopping and look at lots of brands.

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 10:26:27 am »
I selected the Envoy after a wet test.  Before that I may have gone with a D1.

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2005, 10:39:22 am »
I don't think you can go wrong with any of your choices here. I would definately try them ALL out, do a wet test before you purchase. You will FEEL the difference when you do this.
All 3 of the brands may not fit you as well as you would like. Good luck in your search...

;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2005, 10:43:33 am »
Lots of good advice so far.  I would just add,  let the dealers know you are serious and that your looking around, and make them work for your business.

But then factor in your feelings about the tub along with the price.  While you should get the best price you can, a few hundred more for a tub you like better is worth it.  A year after your purchase, you will probably not even remember the price.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2005, 11:46:24 am »
Thank-you Stuart, I forgot to add that

Wet test.

Kinda slippin' in your old age.... ;D ;) :D

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 01:38:22 pm »
Yeah I guess !!

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2005, 01:49:33 pm »
Danielle;

I noticed that you have three spas listed and the D-1 is the only one with two lounges. Did you pick that D-1 because the other two manufactures do not make dual-lounge models? If the dual-lounge is not a priority may I suggets you also consider the Californian, Chairman II or the Chairman (discontinued in '05) if the dealer has any left.

HTM
Homeworks Financing Representative

starjr13

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2005, 01:49:41 pm »
How was the D1

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2005, 01:49:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42