What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Re: Nature II Cart. ?  (Read 3162 times)

poolboy34

Re: Nature II Cart. ?
« on: March 02, 2005, 03:03:12 pm »
The nature 2 spa cartridge is a great way to reduce the amount of chlorine (it is NOT compatible with bromine) needed to keep a spa properly sanitized.  When used in conjunction with an ozonator it can possible to reduce the amount of chlorine needed to sanitize a spa to as low as .5ppm.  It also gives the water a softer feel, and is gentler on your skin as well.  The Spa Frog is very similar to the NaTure 2 Spa Cart and can be used with Bromine as well.  It works the same way as the Nature 2 for the pools work(if you are familiar with that).

Jason,
Store Manager for a D-1 & Caldera dealer

Hot Tub Forum

« on: March 02, 2005, 03:03:12 pm »

starjr13

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 03:34:19 pm »
We have a Nature 2 - we are using a half cap of Chlorine Concentrate a week with tbsp of shock weekly and ph balancer.
Does that sound correct?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 06:53:02 pm »
I have been using the N2 along with a reduced amount of chlorine for over a year. Do I think it is worth it? No not really. I guess the cost is the part that I have a hard time with. If that is not an issue then yes I say go for it, but if your trying to reduce the cost to maintain your tub then you may not see an added benifit that's enough to outweight the cost. I do however like the fact that if I miss a day or two or three I do not have a cloudy water issue, it seems to help keep it clear longer. And for those of us who do take vacations and leave our tub, home alone :) maybe the cost is worth it?
Retired

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 05:53:54 am »
We have a Nature 2 - we are using a half cap of Chlorine Concentrate a week with tbsp of shock weekly and ph balancer.
Does that sound correct?

My only concern here Star would be your shock, if it is MPS shock that is nowhere near enough to truely oxidize your tub, which is the purpose of a shock. After a while of adding chlorine and dead stuff the chlorine killed to your water a good strong shock is the perfect cure for ailing water. The way I like to look at it is 3-5 PPM of chorine after a soak will kill the nastys and that will dissapate overnight or so. 10-20 PPM will kill everything oxidize your water and give you a fresh start. Make sure you allow the 10-20 PPM to offgas and circulate for 1/2 hour before you cover your tub.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 05:53:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42