What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Opinions on Gulf Coast Spas Please!  (Read 1959 times)

sutuz

Opinions on Gulf Coast Spas Please!
« on: March 02, 2005, 07:13:13 pm »
Getting close to a decision on a hot tub, and right now leaning heavily toward the Boca Grande by Gulf Coast Spas:  http://www.wholesalerecreation.com/boca_grand.asp   I will greatly appreciate any comments regarding this particular hot tub/manufacturer.  Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

Opinions on Gulf Coast Spas Please!
« on: March 02, 2005, 07:13:13 pm »

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
Re: Opinions on Gulf Coast Spas Please!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 09:03:14 pm »
Every few weeks or so someone new joins this board and posts a question about Gulf Coast.  Do a search on this board and you will find a LOT of information.  

For the most part, these spas are not that well regarded in the industry and in most cases they are sold out of a storage locker or a trailer.  In your case, you've actually got a dealer.  That's a first that I've seen.

So...  Here's my take on Gulf Coast.   They are not in the same league as the more reputable manufacturers like Hot Spring, Sundance, Jacuzzi, Marquis, D1, etc...  They are however a lot cheaper.  If you are seriously considering them take a good look at their warranty.  It is prorated and not near as good as the other well known manufacturers.

On the filpside to my statement above, I actually know someone who owns that exact Gulf Coast spa.  I have been in it and it is very comfortable.  My friend has not had any problems with theirs and they love it.  It was after being in that spa that got us thinking about getting one.  

If your budget is such that you can't afford a spa by a larger and more reputable manufacturer, then I say it's probably a good buy.  You do run the risk of spending more money down the road in repairs but that's the price you pay if you are spending probably $3000 less than getting a comparable Hot Spring / Sundance / etc...

We actually called Gulf Coast after being in our friends and they were willing to ship one to us from Florida for $5000.  It would have been dropshipped on our driveway and we were on our own.  That isn't what we were looking for so we found a very good local dealer and purchased from them.

Hope this helps... Like I say.  Do a search and you'll find lots to read about Gulf Coast.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Opinions on Gulf Coast Spas Please!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 09:03:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42