What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Think I decided on a HS Envoy, whats a fair price?  (Read 4487 times)

JDVEGV

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Think I decided on a HS Envoy, whats a fair price?
« on: February 26, 2005, 05:24:26 pm »
Wet tested one today. Felt great. I like all the seating and jets. Great versatility.
One dealer I went to said reg price is $8995 but he would give me a "deal" for $8500 with plastic steps, cover cradle, chemical kit and delivery.
Another dealer told me $7595 delivered with chemical kit but no steps or cover cradle. He said he would work with me on the price for a cover cradle. I can make the stupid steps.
Both of these models at each dealer do not include a stereo or anything extra.
I understand these dealers need to make a profit to stay in business so it's not like I'm trying to buy it for cost or anything. I just want a fair deal for both of us.
Has anyone bought an Envoy and mind sharing the price or can any HotSpring dealers on here give me any insight?  ???
Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Think I decided on a HS Envoy, whats a fair price?
« on: February 26, 2005, 05:24:26 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Think I decided on a HS Envoy, whats a fair pr
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 05:31:50 pm »
I have no idea what a fair price in your area is, but I will offer this:

You said "cover cradle."

If you actually meant "Cover Cradle" from HotSpring, keep in mind that is an item which is a top-of-the-line lift which goes for anything from $350 to $450.

Also, if the steps where simple redwood steps I would agree with you, but again, keep in mind that HotSpring offers non-wood steps which match the siding and are very solid. Those steps can really cost.

What I'm saying is to be careful when you price shop  - get a written bid and be sure you have the dealer specify the exact item you are getting.

You don't want to close a deal on a spa based strictly on price only to find out that the dealer included a $85 cover butler and a $79 vinyl step from Walmart.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

poolboy34

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 05:43:42 pm »
Listen to Chas he's spot on. Too often consumers get caught up in the price, and fail to actually question what exactly that price includes.  I've seen this happen all too often with customers who've bought from a competitor strictly based on price and come away very dissatisfied.

JDVEGV

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 05:51:53 pm »
Very true.
Thanks for the feedback.
Actually the dealer with the lower price is closer to me and I feel more comfortable with them. And it sounds like that is worth more than the price of the tub.
Thanks for the feedback.

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 10:21:48 pm »
jd,

I sure am glad that you got off that Cal Spa kick quickly. I think you'll be very happy with the Envoy. As long as you feel you got a fair price on your spa, don't worry too much about what others paid.
I think prices can fluctuate throughout the country by as much as $700.00.
Good luck with your selection, nice choice.

Sincerely,

the other hottubber... ;D

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 10:37:20 pm »
$7595 is a pretty good price from what I have found.

You mentioned everything but an ozonator. Dont know if you want one but if you do dont forget to ask. Also make sure its the HS and not an after market.

kvnlaw

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2005, 10:58:04 am »
JD,  Do you live in Martin county?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2005, 11:27:34 am »
Price is important, but I'll add that in 6-12 months you may not remember what you paid for it.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2005, 12:07:26 pm »
Price is important, but I'll add that in 6-12 months you may not remember what you paid for it.

Only if you pay cash or your finance plan is less than 6-12 months.

As for hot tubs... I know my $8600 Vanguard will be much more relaxing than the $10500 it started off as.

JDVEGV

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2005, 12:34:16 pm »
kvnlaw, yes Martin county.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2005, 03:32:14 pm »

Yup!  After a year, I have to look up my review to remember what I paid for my Vanguard!

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Rmack

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2005, 04:03:41 pm »
We just wet tested the Envoy in central MN and the cash price quoted us was 8514., that included taxes and an ozonator, plastic steps and water care.

We are not done testing spas yet, but the Envoy is our first choice so far.

Good luck,

Ron

kvnlaw

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2005, 04:18:25 pm »
JD actually wet tested in one of my stores because the dealer with the low price doesn't keep an Envoy on his floor. We have been in business for quite a long time and know what our numbers have to be to continue to stay in business. Dealers who sell at very low margins typically aren't real responsive when it comes to service related issues because they are not thinking long term. Anyway the Envoy is a great tub, you received an unbelieveable price. I wish you the best.

Rmack

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2005, 05:07:30 pm »
kvnlaw,

The store that quoted me that price was not where we wet tested it, and you may be right about after sale service. That was the lower of two quotes and we never stepped in that store. I do know that they did not have an Envoy that was set up for testing. The steps in the lower quote were Leisure Concepts, 89.95 and it did not include the Cover Cradle.

Ron

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2005, 10:33:50 am »
I bought my Envoy in mid-January and paid $8,600 for it all inclusive of cover lift, steps, chems, delivery, and placement (it was tax exempt).  I am in South Florida, which can make a difference due to shipping costs.  I do not think this is a great price, but I needed it pronto to dovetail with the builder of my house, and the dealer delivered right on time.  So I feel good about the service, which was more important to me than price.

One thing occurs to me to caution you about.  The 2005 Envoy has a double Moto Message.  Earlier models had a single Moto Message.  There are still 2004 models around and that could account for the difference in price you have been quoted.  

Good luck with your new spa.

Regards,

Bill

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2005, 10:33:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42