What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ozonator and a Sun Room  (Read 2654 times)

Rmack

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Ozonator and a Sun Room
« on: February 27, 2005, 04:15:56 pm »
We are shopping for our first spa and plan on building a sun room off the side of our house for it.

We are not familiar with ozonators except that they allow less chemicals in the water while keeping it cleaner.

Our concern is that they may cause medical problems in an enclosed area. Could a person just shut the ozonator off a couple hours before using the spa and air the room out some?

We will either be purchasing a HotSpring or Sundance spa and they both use the CD ozonator.

Thanks,

Ron

Hot Tub Forum

Ozonator and a Sun Room
« on: February 27, 2005, 04:15:56 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Ozonator and a Sun Room
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 05:23:25 pm »
Personally, I've never recommended ozone for indoor applications. It can be done but ventilation should be considered carefully with a proper exhaust system.

Steve

Rmack

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 05:42:45 pm »
If we did not go with the ozonator, what would you recommend for proper water care?

Thanks,

Ron

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005, 05:50:22 pm »
Good question Ron. There are many variations of watercare available to you. Being from Canada, we are limited to the options that are available to my friends south of the boarder (I don't know if this includes you or not) so I'm sure someone could add to this with their opinion also.

I'm an advocate of proper water maintenance and regardless of the system you chose, properly balanced water should have no odor to it whether you chose chlorine, bromine or another alternative. Learning what to test for and having a proper system laid out by your dealer is far more important than the product you use in my opinion. All systems work well when followed correctly.

I've used bromine for many years and experience little to no odors in my spa. I also was on chlorine and found that enjoyable other than it seemed a little harder on my wife's skin than bromine.

Spend a good amount of time asking your dealer what they have and why they recommend it. Ask around here and elsewhere and I'm sure you'll find a product that works well. Ozone isn't required with any of the sanitizers but you will still need some sort of vent/fan in that room for humidity.

Steve
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 05:52:58 pm by Steve »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 08:39:19 am »
As Steve has metioned, you will need a fan or ventilator for the humidity anyway - you may use an ozone system indoors if you simply have some way to move the air around, and you will need that regardless.

A pair of window which open could be all you need if the air moves freely.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Rmack

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 09:36:38 pm »
Thank you for the advise. Will check on ventilation options for a sun room.

I'm leaning toward not using an ozone cd system if we can keep the spa relatively clean and germ free without having to use to many chemicals.

Will discuss my concerns with the dealer when I purchase also.

Ron

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 09:36:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42