What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Warranty Processing Fee?????  (Read 15388 times)

rick_in_cleveland

Re: Sundance Warranty Processing Fee?????
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2005, 02:56:00 pm »
I bought my Marquis from a dealer 60 miles away.  He has been out twice in the last 2 years at no charge to me.  Although I'm sure I could by my chemicals from somewhere else cheaper I buy only from him and he ships them to me.  I know that he probably looses money coming out for a call but as he has been so helpful I give him all my business and I believe rightly so.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2005, 02:56:00 pm »

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2005, 03:20:56 pm »
good for you, Rick. That is what I was talking about. If the dealer is willing to sell you the spa, he better be willing to service it under warrantee at no charge, unless stipulated up front.
;D

JPKeirstead

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2005, 10:39:52 pm »
I know for a fact that we do not advocate a "trip or call-out charge" for warranty work performed by dealers on Arctic Spas.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2005, 10:45:05 am »
I know for a fact that we do not advocate a "trip or call-out charge" for warranty work performed by dealers on Arctic Spas.

Are you saying JP that Arctic pays their dealers for warranty service calls an hour or more away from the dealers location? Or is it that you don't advocate the fact that they may have to charge a "travel fee" to recoop some of their cost for this? ???

Steve

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2005, 12:12:56 pm »
 It sounds like JP is willing, based on the sale to forego the additional costs to travel a further distance to do service. I don't think Arctic or any other manufacturer will pay you extra to do the service over and above their warrantee coverage. If I am wrong, please let me know, I want to deal with that manufacturer ;D ;D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 12:13:30 pm by hottubber »

JPKeirstead

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2005, 03:05:18 pm »

Are you saying JP that Arctic pays their dealers for warranty service calls an hour or more away from the dealers location? Or is it that you don't advocate the fact that they may have to charge a "travel fee" to recoop some of their cost for this? ???

Steve

I am sorry.  Perhaps I misunderstood the original comment on a warranty processing fee.  I never saw anything that indicated the call was over an hour away from the dealer.  My comment was based on the spa being within the immediate dealer trading area.  

If the dealer has to travel a significant distance to service the spa, I suppose charging a "travel fee" is reasonable, but the dealer's salesperson should indicate that to the customer at the time of sale.  No customer should be surprised by an additional charge.

James

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2005, 03:55:39 pm »
Thanks for clarifying it James. I agree that everyone should operate as you mentioned and zero fees should applied during service while in the warranty period within ones territory.

Adding charges after the fact is bad business and it's how reputations are developed. I couldn't imagine loosing a referral or future chemical sales over a $50 travel fee and not making it very clear at the time of the sale... ???

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2005, 03:55:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42