What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Warranty Processing Fee?????  (Read 15381 times)

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
Re: Sundance Warranty Processing Fee?????
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2005, 01:16:54 pm »
max,

I agree with you, I can see a trip charge, maybe...

But to charge for this processing fee, I don't agree with

that. You should get a call to Sundance about it. It

seems that something there is not right.

Let us know how you make out.

Thanks, and good luck.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2005, 01:16:54 pm »

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2005, 01:28:41 pm »
Brewman,
  Well, it's not working if that is what he is trying to do.  He wanted to charge for mileage AND processing the paperwork which would be approx. $93.00 total.  I think that is unreasonable.  

Wow! You were "told there would not be any charges during the warranty period and there would be NO mileage charged either" and now they are wanting to charge for both Mileage and a processing fee? (perchance did you get that in writing?)

If that's the case then your dealer is not one to be recommended. As others have said, go directly to Sundance.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2005, 01:29:25 pm by empolgation »
e

hottubber

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2005, 01:35:43 pm »
 >:(

Isn't it sad that for $93.00, the dealer is willing to lose

credibility AND future sales, without a doubt...

What is god's name are they thinking.

To the dealer: You must reconsider your stance here,

BITE the bullet, take care of your future, and your client.

To the manufacturer: (if this is the case), rethink this

processing fee or at least reach out to your dealer, he

or she needs a talking to about this.  :o

Max78

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2005, 01:36:47 pm »
No, like a fool, it was just verbal.  My big mistake.  I am so disgusted with it all right now that I'm considering selling the darned thing.  What is a fair price for a 2004 Optima manufactured in late August '04 and used 5 months?  Anyone interested?

hottubber

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2005, 01:39:55 pm »
max,

D/C will be on your doorstep in a minute. He's been looking for a great deal on a Sundance Spa.

Seriously, I don't think you need to rid yourself of your spa. I think you need to find a dealer who will stand behind this product regardless of the problems which may occur.

Once resolved, you may not have any additional problems with your spa for the duration of ownership.

Hang in there. ;)

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2005, 04:35:45 pm »
Max -

I will give you 5000 for it.  What do you say?

Max78

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2005, 05:13:53 pm »
Don't think so d/c.  Might cut that kind of a deal to a relative but I have a feeling we are not related.      

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2005, 05:31:34 pm »
I'd like to see how this ends up. As many have mentioned, a travel charge isn't unrealistic as dealers don't get paid for long distance travel under warranty work. That being said, we waived any travel charges when service was required in the first 6 months.

If they are referring to this as a "processing fee", then I would be jumping up and down (preferably on the salesman face  ;) ). What does it show in your documentation as far as fees? You must have a copy of this right? Tell them to fax you a copy of your invoice where it shows this fee.

This is the sort of service that manufacturer’s must be made aware of to weed out the dealers not interested in customer service. The best thing you can do is not support this dealer financially from this point on.

Steve

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2005, 06:47:24 pm »
Brewman,
  Well, it's not working if that is what he is trying to do.  He wanted to charge for mileage AND processing the paperwork which would be approx. $93.00 total.  I think that is unreasonable.  

I think so too.    

Brewman
Brewman

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2005, 01:27:05 pm »
This is digusting! Are they going to charge the fee with every seperate warranty issue you may have.

I'd really like to find out if this is a Sundance policy. We have two big home shows comming up and Sundance will be at both shows.

I do not sell my product by cutting down my competition, however if Sundance has implemented this policy I think the potential buyers need to know.

BTW I feel Sundance makes a good spa, but this post and other one that taz posted just goes to show even a long time manufacturer can have service issues. Thats why a good warranty is sooo important.

When a manufacturer puts a five year warranty on parts, plumbing, electrical, and service, that tells me they really don't expect many claims. Think about it, how long is the warranty on you car? If Sundance has this $45.00 warranty processing fee that tells me they may be having higher than average claims to process. IMO.

Spahappy :D

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2005, 01:45:00 pm »
So far no Sundance sales person, on this board, or over on Dr. Spa's board, has said anything about Sundance charging a processing fee.  I'm thinking this is Taz' dealer playing games, and blaming it on Sundance.
In my uneducated opinion, the negative publicity they'd get over such a stunt would cost more than $45 per warranty claim.  
If Sundance's pricing actuaries, or whoever, are doing their job, they've already got an adequate cost added in for the warranty coverage they provide.
Brewman
Brewman

spaguyohio

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2005, 02:10:27 pm »
I called around based on this post, and talked to some dealers in the Cleveland area. This is what I got told:

Hot Springs - 50.00 trip fee for EACH new problem. No charge if same problem, or needs more parts to fix it and not on truck.

Sundance - 75.00 trip charge, plus 1.00 / mile over 30 miles.

Master - 45.00 trip fee after 90 days. No additional charge if same problem.  

Now Arctic, Coast, and Cal Spa dealers wouldnt tell me till AFTER I put money down on a spa.  Something very shaddy there.

One dealer told me his service area is 20 miles period. If you bought from him and need work and live further away, find another technician.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2005, 02:21:46 pm »
Max,

I just got off the phone with Sundance. According to them there is no such document processing fee.

They said the dealer has the right to charge a trip charge and or mileage, but would doubt they would charge both. But thats up to the dealer.

He told me to go back to the dealer and let them know that I talked to Sundance and they definatly DO NOT charge this fee.

Not only should you call this dealers bluff but you should report them to the people at Sundance.

The phone number is 909-606-7733. Dealers like this give this industry poor representation and unfortunatly a few bad apples can sour the whole bunch.

Knowlage is power, and this forum is a great resource.

Spahappy :D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2005, 02:29:31 pm »
Now Arctic, Coast, and Cal Spa dealers wouldnt tell me till AFTER I put money down on a spa.  Something very shaddy there.

One dealer told me his service area is 20 miles period. If you bought from him and need work and live further away, find another technician.

Wow. These are the kind of things you want to find out while you're shopping.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2005, 02:34:34 pm »
Arctic told me before, during, and after that there would be no such processing fee for warrenty work.

This has completely been proven to be the case.

Nothing shady here what-so-ever.

How do you know how much you don't know?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2005, 02:34:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42