What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cute Article from GB  (Read 6747 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Cute Article from GB
« on: February 24, 2005, 10:22:41 am »
Here is an article from a British HotSpring customer. I find it funny...

http://www.hotspring.co.uk/images/home_page/article.pdf
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Cute Article from GB
« on: February 24, 2005, 10:22:41 am »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Re: Cute Article from GB
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 11:38:57 am »
Thanks for sharing that, Chas!

It was really cute!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 11:48:08 am »
Bloody good.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

saz

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 12:19:09 pm »
the cool thing is, that this is EXACTLY how people feel about hot tubs over here - no one else you know has one, and it is a totally luxurious, 'spoil yourself silly' item. From what I gather, owning a hot tub is quite a popular thing in the states, so to have one over here...well.....you suddenly become the most cherished person among your friends!!!!  I have to say that buying a hot tub is the best thing we have ever done.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 12:21:24 pm »
"Stonking great size?"   Going to be a lot to talk about in this article, going back to finish it.   Must have been a tough assigment for a reporter.

I'd be "narked " too is someone used a crane to steal my tub!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 12:24:55 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Lori

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2005, 03:26:30 pm »
"Stonking great size?"   Going to be a lot to talk about in this article, going back to finish it.   Must have been a tough assigment for a reporter.

I'd be "narked " too is someone used a crane to steal my tub!

That just seemed incredible to me!  They would have to crane it out of my backyard, too.  My neighbors, however, are too nosy!  I had all my neighbors talking when it was delivered, so if they saw someone messing with it, they would be asking questions!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2005, 04:27:28 pm »

That just seemed incredible to me!  They would have to crane it out of my backyard, too.  My neighbors, however, are too nosy!  I had all my neighbors talking when it was delivered, so if they saw someone messing with it, they would be asking questions!

I could see that working in my neighborhood, but this kind of thing seems more suitable to pulling off a major heist of a bank or something. I have a hard time imaging someone doing it for a 5-10K hot tub.  Now that I think about it, I'll check to make sure my dealer has my serial number listed.

You would think someone would see it and even if they didn't know what was going on the name of the crane company would be all over the crane and someone would remember it.  Wierd things!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 04:28:38 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

saz

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 08:18:38 am »

You would think someone would see it and even if they didn't know what was going on the name of the crane company would be all over the crane and someone would remember it.  Wierd things!

I think it comes down to the 'Great' Bristish sense of 'wanting to know what's going on, but not really wanting to get involved'........along the lines of if you hear a car alarm going off, you dont instantly think someone's car is being broken into, but you think 'oh no, there's another dodgy car alarm'!
saz

Lori

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2005, 11:10:12 am »
I'm sure there are neighborhoods in my part of the world who wouldn't question.

I just happen to live around a bunch of older (most in their 70's and up) people, who don't have much else to do but watch other people's houses!

saz

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 11:49:26 am »

I think it comes down to the 'Great' Bristish sense of 'wanting to know what's going on, but not really wanting to get involved'

well, how good have I just made the British look, with my inability to spell the word 'British'!!!!!lol

saz

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2005, 11:50:58 am »
I'm sure there are neighborhoods in my part of the world who wouldn't question.

I just happen to live around a bunch of older (most in their 70's and up) people, who don't have much else to do but watch other people's houses!

Lori, so does this mean you live around around a bunch of curtain twitchers??lol
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 08:54:13 am by saz »

Lori

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2005, 12:54:34 pm »
Curtain twitchers!  I love that!

Yes, I do!  They are all really great, though.  They sure watch out for us, I think they tend to feel we are like their children.  

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2005, 01:07:57 pm »
I used to live in a neighborhood like that - I miss it.

We barely know our neighbors now.

:-/
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Lori

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2005, 02:53:50 pm »
You know, it's funny, but when my dealer came out to measure the clearance (which is when we figured out we had a problem) he said he got a few stares.  He was afraid someone would call the cops on him!

Luckily, they waited to find out what the scoop was!

;)

I like my neighborhood.  Quiet and tucked away, in the middle of a city!

saz

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2005, 08:57:56 am »
yeah, we might call them curtain twitchers, but you're right about them watching out for us.  When we first moved to our new house, we'd had a really hard day, what with mortgages taking ages to actually move the money around and not being able to exchange keys and stuff, so it was quite late when we finally got everything in.  One of my neighbours brought us over a casserole and a bottle of wine to say welcome us to the street, and also so we wouldnt have to be bothered to cook anything. Needless to say, they are now first on our 'invite to hot tub' list whenever we have a party!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2005, 08:57:56 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42