What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: JACUZZI BRAND SPAS  (Read 3798 times)

Chuck

JACUZZI BRAND SPAS
« on: July 16, 2000, 11:57:25 pm »
IM LOOKING FOR ANY HELPFUL INFO ON JAZUZZI BRAND SPAS. I WAS SHOPPING TODAY AND LOOKED AT AN ESSENCE MODEL.5 PERSON APPROX  3800.00.ANY HELPFUL PERSONAL EXPERIENCES WHOULD HELP. THANKS

Hot Tub Forum

JACUZZI BRAND SPAS
« on: July 16, 2000, 11:57:25 pm »

Spa Salesman

Re:JACUZZI BRAND SPAS
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2000, 03:17:26 pm »
indeed jacuzzi has a well known name.  Although I own one of their bath tubs, I wouldnt buy a spa unless I was a jacuzzi spa tech.   These spas all carry poor warranties and finding a service man can be a nightmare.  Typically they are not insulated fully which can be a problem.  Full Foam is good for 3 reasons.  1.  quiet opperation, the pumps and plumbing are supported by foam limiting rattle noises and vibration. 2.  Energy efficency- although people have illusions of locked air being better innsulator, the industry experts know full foam insulates better ( a few manufacturers guarantee opperating costs).3.  Leaks are more proned in a non insulated spa because of the plumbing not being supported.  The plumbing rattling will break glue joints and cause leaks.  To find a leak in a full foamed spa, use a moister meter sold at nurseries.  Probe the meter into the foam and where it is wet, simply dig it out and repair it, then foam the repair in.  Those comanies that sell their spas based on how easy they are to find a leak, that tells me that they have a lot of leaks.  Hope this helps!!!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: JACUZZI BRAND SPAS
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 07:02:18 pm »
OK. Is this the famed "Chas-like bump?"

Look how long this FF/TP war has been raging...

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 07:52:53 pm »
I have the J345, I like it.
I'm not a spa tech, bought it anyway as the warranty is reasonable and service is plentiful (in my area). During the sales process, the ease of finding a leak was never used as a sales tool.
Electric bill increase is less than what I expected, I keep it at 103 and use it every night.

Follow the advice of the knowledgable folks on the forum, there are many with open minds and great ideas who don't paint with such a broad brush.

Wet test several, find one that can be serviced locally by a dealer with a good rep and enjoy the hell out of it.

twok99

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 09:26:36 am »
Stay within the Jacuzzi Premium line (i.e., J-375) and you will be fine.  I love mine.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 11:40:47 am »
Chas is that you that brought that ridiculous old post back from 2000.

What does a five year old post have to do with anything. Every spa talked about on this forum has changed and especially the Jacuzzi brand over the last 5 years.

spahappy

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005, 01:12:13 pm »
Oops I'm repeating myself, must be my age ???

Spahappy :D

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 01:22:08 pm »
My point was two-fold:

1. The moderator (not Bill) tends to show up every once in a while and moderate the fun out of this board. Yet he leaves posts in place which are FIVE YEARS OLD. Excuse me for yelling.

2. The post was five years old, and yet it contains the very same point of contention we run into today.

That's it. Thanks for listening...

;D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

spahappy

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2005, 01:29:04 pm »
Oh, nevermind.(as Gilda used to say)

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 10:35:12 pm »
Get a Jacuuzi Sundance Hotspings and you will not go wrong.........................have fun.Jt :o

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 10:35:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42