What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: TR Siberian vs HS Vista  (Read 7309 times)

spahunter

• Can't wait to soak!
TR Siberian vs HS Vista
« on: January 28, 2005, 12:10:22 am »
Hi all. Like every other newbie here, just looking for info. This forum is great for those of us clueless shoppers. About to purchase my first spa and went to the local Coleman and HS dealer. Hs dealer is offering a special for either the Siberian or a Vista on floor model where u get steps, cover lift, chemicals and filters, and ever fresh water system free with purchase. Quoted me at 7,625.oo for the siberian and $8900.00 for the vista. These are both before tax. I was kinda wanting the Siberian but wife likes the idea of the lounge in teh vista. As i read here, seems wet test is a necessity but was wondering how these prices are in relation to others? Also, heard the Siberian was no longer available in 2005. Will this be a problem for parts and service?. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!  

Hot Tub Forum

TR Siberian vs HS Vista
« on: January 28, 2005, 12:10:22 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: TR Siberian vs HS Vista
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 01:12:47 am »
While it is true that the Siberian has been discontinued, you will have no trouble with parts or service.  Watkins backs it's tubs for over fifteen years - and the Siberian didn't have anything special that doesn't appear on other Tiger River models. Even the water feature has shown up on the Caspian for 2005.

The Siberian was a great spa, but they added a new model to the HotSpring line, and had to cut one model - the Sib was it.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

z71tahoe193

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 01:41:08 am »
I have the siberian, its a great spa. I wet tested both the siberian and the vista and liked the siberian more. Not a fan of loungers.

spahunter

• Can't wait to soak!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 01:24:19 pm »
THANKS Chas and ZZ, This is such a great place for info. BTW , ZZ< can you let me know what you paid? The orice i was quoted included delivery and set up but still seemed higher than i have seen...thanks for ur responses.

dirtrubber

• red on the head
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 01:29:18 pm »
I have the siberian also for about 3 months like it a lot no problems with it so far,  the corner seats and the foot well are our fav,

dirtrubber

• red on the head
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 01:35:22 pm »
we paid 7100 with no steps . this was with cover cradle no cover lifter did my own ele.

spahunter

• Can't wait to soak!
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2005, 03:14:06 pm »
THANKS DIRT RUBBER...responses are making me feel more confident with the dealer. Seems their price is falling in line. Any other reponses would be greatly appreciated!

spahunter

• Can't wait to soak!
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2005, 11:32:43 pm »
HS dealer called me today to say that they just received their 2005 tubs. I think they still have the 2004 Vist and Siberian that I was checking out. They have redwood skirt and I preferred gray, but I would take the redwood for a price break. The new tubs have the gray skirt but I am sure they will be more. Wondering, is it usual for a dealer to discount 2004's when 2005's coem out much liek the auto industry? Sorry for my ignorance, but I think I am going to drop by HS dealer tommorow, and like to be as informed as possible. Thanks !

dirtrubber

• red on the head
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2005, 11:42:43 pm »
I think a wet test would help you,  but you couldnt go wrong with those two tubs

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2005, 09:41:19 am »
Based on my research this was thebest time of year to buy a spa. I started looking in May of 2002 and ended up buying a 2002 HS Landmark in Late Jan of 2003 for a much reduced price.  I couldnt be happier.  I think either way you go you will be fine since you will be backed by Watkins.  The dealers may come and go but the company will still be there for you.,  

Definitely wet test.  It will let you know which spa is right for you.  Also compare warranties and decide what coverage is important to you.  Good luck.

spahunter

• Can't wait to soak!
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 08:30:27 pm »
Ok...just an update.....took a while to decide but I purchased the Siberian and it was delivered yesterday. Had hoped for it to be ready for V-tines night, but didn't get up to temp till this morning. It is a huge tub so not surprising it took a little while to heat up. Deciding factor for me and family was the vast seating heights in the Siberian. WE have 2 small boys (4 and 2) so we turned heat down a little for them because they couldn't wait to try it out. They loved it and there was a seat just the right height for both of them. Wife and I were up to our necks in deep seats while they could sit down on others and still keep heads above water. Also, the foot well is great for tired feet. Think we are gonna love it for years to come. Thanks for all the help on this board in making a decision. Also, one more thing, everyone talks about wet test , and it is a great idea, but store and home use is a little different. Floated a little in wet test in suits, but tried it at home without suits after kids went inside and didn't float at all. Bare skin provides friction to keep u snugly in seat. Something to think about.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 12:26:47 am »
Also, one more thing, everyone talks about wet test , and it is a great idea, but store and home use is a little different. Floated a little in wet test in suits, but tried it at home without suits after kids went inside and didn't float at all. Bare skin provides friction to keep u snugly in seat. Something to think about.

So you've convinced your wife that for the sake of not floating you should both forgo the suits? Well done.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2005, 06:57:05 am »
Congratulations!  I'm sure you will spend plenty of Valentine's Days in the tub from now on!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

surfinstro

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2005, 09:27:24 pm »
Good luck with the Siberian. Hot Spring had none with it.

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2005, 08:56:12 am »
why so negative??? first you bash HS here, and in another post you knock caldera as a "niche" spa for those on a budget ???
....i 'm no dealer, but i would hazzard a guess that HS sold more than a few sovereign models, or do you have the sales numbers to show is was a miserable sales performer??.
i just bought a caldera niagra after much research, wet tests, and quite a bit of good info from several members here, and i am quite confident and comfortable with my decision.
everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you're going to make such negative statements, at least offer some info as to why you feel that way.
i.e...... brand "x" is poor due to "insert your experience here"; this can be useful information.......
brand "x" is a poor spa.
this is not.......

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2005, 08:56:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42