What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: finally did it!!!  (Read 6109 times)

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
finally did it!!!
« on: February 19, 2005, 02:02:07 pm »
after months of research and many wet tests, i finally chose the caldera niagra '04 model on the floor. i think i got a pretty good value. pd $8100 with coverlifter, steps, 220 box, upgraded lighting, etc. got them to throw in some of the small spinner jets as spares and an extra filter, plus full delivery ,set up, chem credit at the store plus all start up chemicals.
would like to thank many of you fo rthe input and things i learned here....... (i.e.) i wouildn't have thought to ask about the extra filter ($65) except that id seen a few posts that mentioned extending your filter life by having 2 and cycling them each month or 2, so 1 can be cleaned and havre a chance to dry out. so i would up getting it thrown in.
will keep every one updated on how it goes, but there is going to be a delay of several weeks before we get it delivered, as we are also putting on a small addition to the back of the house.
thanks again for all the input........ and more to follow!

Hot Tub Forum

finally did it!!!
« on: February 19, 2005, 02:02:07 pm »

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
Re: finally did it!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 02:16:23 pm »
Way to go Kent, wishing you the best weather, the best water, and the best install.

Spahappy :D

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 02:16:36 pm »
Congrats! Welcome to the club... :D
Homeworks Financing Representative

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 02:24:28 pm »
Congats and enjoy.... :D

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 03:00:00 pm »
Great !!

Now get out there and don't come in 'till you're warm, relaxed, and wrinkled.

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2005, 03:08:37 pm »
nice job kent,

Nice selection, I wish you all the luck with your new spa.
Didn't it make all the sense in the world to go through this board. Alot of insight from all, now you're in the hot tub club.

ENJOY... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

mhraracing

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2005, 06:11:42 pm »
Great choice Kent - I was also glad that I found this site too - before I bought my Geneva !!!

Have fun and welcome to Spatopia.
Caldera Geneva Utopia

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2005, 06:24:52 pm »
Congratulations!

May you always have hot, bubbly, clean water...at least when  the back yard is done!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

saz

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2005, 08:42:48 am »
Congrats,
have fun and enjoy
saz

obi wan

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2005, 03:32:51 pm »
thanx for all the well wishing!!
i should point out that i am not new to tubbing.this tub is replacing my 12+ yaer old oasis that had sterted decomposing on my deck. it had been on life support for the last couple of years. when we decided to add on thour house, the tub had to be moved. and as the wood siding was literally starting to come apart, i had this big ambition of making a new enclsure for it for its new location........ of course while i have it apart, i should go ahead and fix the leaking pump seals, and patch the 2 cracks in the shell, that grew remarkably larger when 3 friends and i "heave ho'ed" it up on its side. in fact, the timer hasn't worked for a while, blower motor handn't worked for a while either......you know......................LOL ;) ;D ::)
TIME FOR A NEW TUB!!
with 4 kids, a dog, a career, and a wife whos a real estate agent, there are times when just keeping the grass mowed is tough to fit into the schedule.  
not having the new  niagra delivered until end of march or early april... depends on how fast the construction crew works... ;)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2005, 05:13:17 pm »
Congrats Kent! I know that you did your shopping and I hope that through all of our antics we where a help.

Happy Soaking!!!

obi wan

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2005, 04:38:53 pm »
yes, the antics were quite helpful, and in some cases, entertaining.
the best of both worlds! ;D ;D ;D

BIG_PAPA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2005, 08:01:08 pm »
When i saw this post i thaught it was dazedandconfused finally getting a spa,but i should have known!!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2005, 08:03:26 pm »
Antics?

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

obi wan

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2005, 12:50:07 am »
antics can be entertaining... i got quite a bit of good info here, and several good laughs.
one of my personal fav's was when i asked about warrantees, how they are handled, and does good warrantee mean good tub. i did get some some good feed back, and got a reply about hundai warrantee being 10 years and rolls roce only one year, which is better? the more i read the more i laughed at that one. it quickly turned into car comparisons, and who drives what was snuck into the comments.....LOL
on a better note though, had planned on not taking delivery of new niagra tub until construction is done (mid april) but realized that is far to long to go without getting all warm and pruny, so now its coming next friday....YEAH!! ;D ;D ;D ;D (construction crew is insured anyway. they break it, they buy me new one)
on that note, as i really dont want MORE concrete in the back yard, i read elsewhere about leveling an area, putting down patio blocks and basically making a mini deck out of 4x4's with 2x4's across it like decking.
has anyone seen/used tthis method?? time is off the essence as its t-9 days and counting

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2005, 12:50:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42