What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: CHAS, HS QUESTIONS OZONE TUBE  (Read 3320 times)

woebbe

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
CHAS, HS QUESTIONS OZONE TUBE
« on: February 22, 2005, 05:52:13 pm »
Hey Chas

I hobe you can help me with this,

I have a Landmark for almost two years now, about 3 month ago there was a leak in the neoprene tubing from the ozone.
the local dealer are not here anymore so I went to a Sundance dealer where I got a new tube made of plastic.

Is it importent that the tube is made of neoprene or is it ok using a plastic tube ????

When I looked at the tube today there was a lot af some yellow liquid substance in it,  Is it something I have to clean  ore will it go away it self ???????

Hot Tub Forum

CHAS, HS QUESTIONS OZONE TUBE
« on: February 22, 2005, 05:52:13 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: CHAS, HS QUESTIONS OZONE TUBE
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 11:26:49 pm »
There are lots of plastics which will be fine with ozone. Check on the one you got in about six months, and you'll know if it's ok or not. If not, it will simply get brittle and fall apart.

As to the amber fluid - it is a strong acid. Nitric Acid to be exact. I should be flushed out from time to time. The easy way to do this is to take the end of the tube loose at the ozone box and stick it into a cup of water. Let the spa draw it into the tub. Don't put your mouth to the tube to blow or suck - it can hurt you.

If it won't go away that way, take the tube off and go flush it in a laundry sink or outside faucet.

If you let the stuff stay in there too long it will turn to a jelly and can plug up the line.

I have customers who need to flush this stuff every three months, and other customers who have never had it accumulate in years. I don't know what the secret is to why some get it and other don't.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

woebbe

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 02:27:45 am »
Thanks Chas, for the advice

Since you are a HS dealer, you might help me with another problem,
I cannot adjust the deam jet pillow on my landmark anymore.
I think something indside the pillow is broken, is it something I can repair myself ?????

and do you know how I can take apart the dream pillow.????

I think the landmark is a very good tub and we loved it since the first day it arrived.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 10:18:23 am »
Ahhhh the dream jet pillow. Try to simply take off the bladder and see if you can spot broken parts. The headrest pillow simply pulls off, then there are ten SS screws to get the retainer ring and bladder off.

Here is a cut and paste from the repair software, see if it helps. I can't find good a drawing or photo of the whole assembly - but you could call the factory and ask if they have something to fax or mail to you. 1-800-999-4688

From the "Detechtive" software:
Unique to the Landmark Spa, the DreamJet massage pillow provides an adjustable neck massage without getting your hair wet. The strength of the massage is adjustable by turning the left Comfort lever (located closest to the DreamJet massage pillow). Increase the air volume will increase the intensity of the massage.

The DreamJet massage pillow is adjustable.
Specifications:

Multi-Bracket Installation

Materials Required:

* 1 – Multi Bracket
   * 1 – Front Shield
   * 1 – Mutli-Bracket Installation Instructions
   * ABS Glue

Important: In order to remove the Multi-Bracket from the Front Shield, it will be necessary to break the glue joints. Being careful not to crack the Lock Nuts, detach the four posts on the Front Shield from the four slots in the Multi-Bracket. Discard both parts after removal.

Installing Multi-Bracket

Position the Multi-Bracket behind the DreamJetâ massage system plumbing assembly.

Slide the Multi-Bracket onto the Lock Nuts (Figure 1). It will be necessary to bend the center of the Multi-Bracket over the Hard Stops. Flex the Spring Bars forward and seat them on the Hard Stops (Figure 2).

NOTE: Over-Bending the Spring Bars may cause them to crack or break. Do not over-bend.

Apply a small amount of ABS glue to Front Shield posts (Figure 3).

Line up the posts of the Front Shield with the slots of the
Multi-Bracket and glue into place (Figure 4). Do not allow glue to make contact with the Lock Nuts. Hold Front Shield in place for 45 seconds to allow glue to set.

Drying time for ABS glue is approximately 24 hours (depending on temperature and weather conditions).

Removal

1. Disconnect power to the spa.
  2. Remove the oval pillow.
  3. Remove the ten screws around the oval membrane.
  4. Remove snap ring.
  5. Remove oval membrane.
  6. Remove jet nozzles from jet bezels.
  7. Remove front shield and multi-bracket.
     Important: In order to remove the Multi-Bracket from the Front Shield, it will be necessary to break the glue joints. Being careful not to crack the Lock Nuts, detach the four posts on the
  8. Front Shield from the four slots in the Multi-Bracket. Discard both parts after removal.
  9. Using a spanner wrench, unscrew the lock nuts from the cylinders.
 10. Pull straight up on the DreamJet plumbing assembly to remove.
 11. To reinstall, reverse steps 1 to 9.

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 10:26:39 am »
As to the amber fluid - it is a strong acid. Nitric Acid to be exact. I should be flushed out from time to time. The easy way to do this is to take the end of the tube loose at the ozone box and stick it into a cup of water. Let the spa draw it into the tub. Don't put your mouth to the tube to blow or suck - it can hurt you.

Is this something that is true for all tubs? I have an ozonator in my Optima, and although I have read all of the maintanance documentation this is the first time I hear of this.

woebbe

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 04:47:29 pm »
thanks chas,

I now hope i can fix the dream jet pillow.

when I looked at the show video from HS it seems to me that the  black bladder on the dream jet pillow
are much  more " thin-skinned " that on mine ????

today, with succes, i cleaned the ozone tube after your advice,
but as you now the tube was from a sundance and now I think I know why HS used neoprene tube, because when I 3 month ago got the tube it was very soft but now it was hard and looked a little bit yellow. I don`t think it will larst very long so i am going to buy a compleate neoprene tube from my nearrest HS dealer.

I have some funny thing here, every time when I just changed the water the ozone bubbles are big, after 2 or 3 month  the bubbles become smaller and smaller,  Is it because of the Nitric acid ??????????????

The new filters used on the Vista, will they work better on my landmark as the " old " one ??? and What about the pressure on the jets ????

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 07:59:33 pm »
The new filters used on the Vista -  will they work better on my landmark as the " old " one ??? and What about the pressure on the jets ????
The new Tri-X filters will allow more water flow in your tub. They will last longer, and you can clean them in your dishwasher. But you may or may not notice an icrease in the jet pressure - it depends on how well your old filters are working now....

woebbe

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2005, 11:21:07 am »
Thank you Chas, also for all the other good advice you give here on this forum.  

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2005, 11:24:33 am »
You're very welcome.

:)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2005, 11:24:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42