What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Insulation on Envoy  (Read 2507 times)

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
Insulation on Envoy
« on: February 21, 2005, 10:15:14 am »
I have noticed when I first start the pumps on my Envoy that the water coming out of the water fountain feature is quite cold.  In Florida there is no question of freezing up, but I wonder why this happens.  By inference it is assumed that the lines to the water feature are not being recirculated.  Can I move valve position or something so that these lines are not left stagnant?

Thanks,

Bill

Hot Tub Forum

Insulation on Envoy
« on: February 21, 2005, 10:15:14 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Insulation on Envoy
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 10:40:15 am »
The Envoy uses the jet pumps to push water through the water feature. The best you could do is to use the spa a lot - there is no setting to move water through that system by itself.

The older style valve actually tended to allow a trickle of water to flow through the water feature whenever that jet pump was run - but they changed to a better valve and that is no more.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

shoemaker

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 03:25:04 pm »
I have a 2004 Envoy and mine does the same thing. Actually, the water that first comes out of the jets is rather cold as well. My perception is that the water that is left in the lines when you shut the pumps off pretty much sits in the lines and is not circulated at all.

We use our tub almost every day so I'm not too concerned about it. And I would guess that if you maintain your water quality then this really isn't an issue.

Just talking out loud here, no proof on anything that I said !

;)

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 03:57:58 pm »
shoe,

In cold climates, is there any need for concern of the lines to the water features freezing. In our region, NJ, it is quite possible for this to occur if the water is not circulated. Any concerns...

shoemaker

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 04:08:08 pm »
shoe,

In cold climates, is there any need for concern of the lines to the water features freezing. In our region, NJ, it is quite possible for this to occur if the water is not circulated. Any concerns...

Well, I live in Massachusetts and we have had temps in the -20's F and I have not had a problem with freezing. I believe that the water temp (I keep mine at 101) and the insulation of the tub itself keeps the water in the lines above 32. In fact, the water in the lines is probably in the 60's but when you sit in 101 and then feel 63 - well it feels cold. And it only lasts about 2 seconds so not much water at all.

Oh yeah, to answer your question. No concerns at all on my part.   ;)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 04:09:58 pm by shoemaker »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 11:33:40 pm »
HotSpring tends to move a small amount of water through the jet systems. They plumb in several bleed lines and drain lines that move a small amount of water into these areas and systems.

So I don't think you have anything to worry about.

However, it doesn't move a ton of water - and in extremely cold climates I have heard the the jets can move a bit of cool water at first. For most of us, it's not noticable.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 11:33:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42