What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need Help ASAP on new Spa Purchase  (Read 8687 times)

Vito

Re: Need Help ASAP on new Spa Purchase
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2005, 10:51:54 pm »
UPDATE:

Just wet tested the HS and the Sundance Cameo.  Both great tubs.  very roomy.  Loved some of the jets on the HS and others on the Cameo.  Can't make up our minds  :'(

The power of both tubs was nice but the sundance seemed to have a bit more.  The one corner set when set full on nearly blew me right out of the seat.  Had to use my feet to keep me in place.  

After wife  and i talked however, i think our favorate is still the colemen.  When we tested the colemen - it just felt like we received a whole body massage, i just didn't get that in either the HS or the Sundance.  Both tubs have more room per se than the colemen, but reflecting on that thought - well 95% of the time it will be just for the 2 of us anyway.

Some of you may may not like what comes next (so don't read it - lol) at $7995 (for a 2005), colemen comes with the colored lights, ozone, cover, chem, front and back remotes (and 1 wireless floating remote), delivered and setup.  

The 2005 Cameo is $8999 for everything above (minus the wireless remote, but adding the backlit waterfall) and $300~$500 for canister type ozone makeing it $9500 tub.

WE have some talking to do, and part of me wants to test more tubs, but the other part of me says if i have found something i like, get it.  (ok not like, we love the colemen).  At some point in time i will have to say enough is enough because by the time i try wet testing the 50th tub, i will have forgotten what the last 45 felt like - lol.

I'll keep you all updated on what we do.  I think we are going back to wet test the colemen again .... dazed and confused..........

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2005, 10:51:54 pm »

tvaughan

• Hot Springs Grandee Owner
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2005, 11:05:22 pm »
If you've found the tub you like (I mean love)  then I think it's time to stop shopping and buy your tub and get it home.   :)

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2005, 06:58:34 am »
Wet testing again is a solid idea!  The second time around you will fall even harder for your perfect choice!

I did!!!

Good luck!  
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2005, 09:51:06 am »
Vito,

We're talking $1000.00 to $1500.00 difference between the spa you love and the two you like alot.

BUY IT!

Remember the differences here the 705 has three 2.5hp 2-speed pumps for 53 completley adjustable jets.

Back control panel.(which you will come to love), standard.

Remote standard

Fiber optics inside and out standard

factory installed ozone standard

Toploading easy to access filter(one) and skimmer basket and first filter. standard

Steel frame lifetime warranty

Solid ABS pan bottom, critter proofe cabinet

7 years surface

5 years plumbing,(including jets and air controls) electrical, equipment, parts and labor.

3 years on the ozone,cabinet,fibor optics.

As a veteran Coleman dealer I can tell you they have great dealer support and thats why so many Coleman dealers have been in love with and selling them for so many years.

If you feel you need to be sure wet test again, and let us know how you feel when you're done.

The 705 and the 706 are at the top of the Coleman line and yet they're a terrific value in regards of therapy, comfort, and quality, and that price you negotiated for a 2005 is unbelivable to even myself.

Spahappy :D

spahappy

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2005, 09:51:23 am »
Vito,

We're talking $1000.00 to $1500.00 difference between the spa you love and the two you like alot.

BUY IT!

Remember the differences here the 705 has three 2.5hp 2-speed pumps for 53 completley adjustable jets.

Back control panel.(which you will come to love), standard.

Remote standard

Fiber optics inside and out standard

factory installed ozone standard

Toploading easy to access filter(one) and skimmer basket and first filter. standard

Steel frame lifetime warranty

Solid ABS pan bottom, critter proofe cabinet

7 years surface

5 years plumbing,(including jets and air controls) electrical, equipment, parts and labor.

3 years on the ozone,cabinet,fibor optics.

As a veteran Coleman dealer I can tell you they have great dealer support and thats why so many Coleman dealers have been in love with and selling them for so many years.

If you feel you need to be sure wet test again, and let us know how you feel when you're done.

The 705 and the 706 are at the top of the Coleman line and yet they're a terrific value in regards of therapy, comfort, and quality, and that price you negotiated for a 2005 is unbelivable to even myself.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2005, 10:53:52 am »
 I think we are going back to wet test the colemen again .... dazed and confused..........

You have a LONG way to go before you've done enough to earn the coveted "dazed and confused" moniker.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2005, 11:40:51 am »
You got that right.  He'd have to start by declaring that whatever a spa costs, it's too much, and that any given dealer in the universe can run their business by charging what he considers a fair markup.  Then claim to have an offer on the table for a year.

That would be a start.  
Brewman
Brewman

Vito

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2005, 11:48:32 pm »
ok, ok ok!!! - lol

Thank's Spa and EVERYONE else, i truely mean it!.  This has been an awesome experience, but like all good things, this part must come to an end.  But the end, is just the start to a new begining. ... MUST READ

I know that we love this tub the best.  Have tried a bunch of other spa's and this one stood out (for us).  The wet test was what did it - otherwise by looks and ize, i may have not gone this route.  Show's that Your comments about wet-testing paid off.

Apparantly the new model (05) will have a change.  Besides the head-rest's does anyone know what other changes will be for the Coleman 705?

At any rate... the store i am at has 5-6 stores in our state.  I called some out of state-stores to compare pricing.  all in line around $8000.  I walk in today (working with the same guy that we have been with and he says they had 4 tubs in the 705 left (2004 models).  by the time i left, i got the last one.  I saw it there right before me.

not the color i would choose  (green with cin. case) but they sold the last 4 (tub and cover only - no lift, stairs, or  chem) for $6000 (for the 04).  that was bare tub, cover  and delivered.  All told i got the tub, cover, cover lift, chem, stairs, delivered and tax for $6707

HOLLY COW.  they had a meeting yesterday and due to the new model change they wanted to clear out there stock.  So during the summer that tubs retails for $9650, sale priced at $7995 and i got the tub for $6707

IT MUST BE CHRISTMAS ......Yah US!!!

It will be here next week.  So now i need to dig up some grass and lay down some pea gravel and get the electric hooked in.  So 2 weeks it should be ready to go.  I will let you all know how it goes!!

Thanks again for everyone who posed to this tread and all other other great threads out there.

spahappy

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2005, 03:20:37 am »
You are gonna love this tub!

I'm happy for you and wish you the best weather, the best water, and the best install.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2005, 06:32:38 am »
Congratulations!

May you always have hot, bubbly, clean water!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2005, 07:18:30 am »
vito,

Congratulations on your new spa purchase. Keep in touch regarding your blissful soaks under the stars.
It seems that you've landed the spa of your choice.

Hottubber ;D

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2005, 09:47:33 am »
Enjoy -

Well, enjoy it when it gets there, that is....

;D ;D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2005, 09:47:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42