What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Alas - No dealers around  (Read 2938 times)

busdude

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Alas - No dealers around
« on: February 17, 2005, 09:29:50 pm »
I'm the nearly Baja purchaser until two of you convinced me I was paying way too much for a possible problematic spa. But what do you do when the dealers aren't around. I don't like our local America Sales service (knocks out Hot Springs) from previous bad experience, the Emerald dealer (who is not even listed on the web site) is quite the shady character (nothing in writing and no way to wet test) and Great Lakes and Jacuzzi are slightly too big for my little spot (60 inches wide is about the most doable). That leaves Baja and Royal who works out of the home cos they can't find an address in our strip mall little world. I went to the Marquis web site looking for a dealer and they responded they were more than 75 miles away. So do I risk it all and buy from the Internet or settle for the Baja with its age old technology and bull shit promises, overpaying by a grand? I can wait till the Home and Garden Show in Chicago on March 12th (cos I sure can't find any other dealers in this huge city so near me) and see if other dealers show up. Is it worth it to drive 2 or 3 hours away and pay what has got to be really high delivery charges? I've already almost considered outrageous people like Haven and Thermospa and this spite convinced me what my gut feeling warned me of.

This is such a great site.

What does this private message mean? Do I email the person directly?

Hot Tub Forum

Alas - No dealers around
« on: February 17, 2005, 09:29:50 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Alas - No dealers around
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 09:40:17 pm »
Well, perhaps we can get you into a HotSpring with some extra help from the other dealers.

The fatory will be sure that you get warranty service, even if they have to hire an outside tech to get it done.

They will pressure them to do a decent job of the sale as well - so I would shop around, find out the model you want/like/love, and let's help you get it into your life!!

Come on team - let's get this person in hot water!!

:)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

busdude

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 09:52:15 pm »
I can't buy a Hot Springs from American Sales. I got into a big fight with their service guy like 4 years ago. They tried to bill me and I told them to take me to court. If I buy another product and it needs service I'm in trouble.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 12:32:58 am »
Ah.

Marquis makes a nice tub...
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 12:50:16 am »
Ah.

Marquis makes a nice tub...

We sell Marquis as far as 75 to 100 miles away every week. Marquis is very reliable and rarely do we need to service. If we do we charge $1.00 per mile for every mile outside of $35. Quite often it is something we can troubleshooot over the phone and walk the customer through the repair themselves. If they fix it without a tech visit we give them a $50 instore credit for anything they want.

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 07:43:37 am »
My Marquis dealer is over 60 miles away and have no problem with service.  During the warrenty he said that there will be no sevice charge and after the warrenty period is over a $35 charge.  He has been out twice and has held up his end of the bargin.  Because its only fair that if he is going to take care of me I will take care of him, I buy all my chemicals,etc from him.  I suggest you call him and make an appt to wet test and discuss your concerns about the distance,  You maybe pleasantly suprised

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2005, 08:39:25 am »
Where you live? give us a zipcode. Sometimes there are dealers you may no know about.

Someone sent you a private message? Clicke where is says 1 message and it will give you a chance to read and answer.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2005, 08:39:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42