What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need advice on Gazebos.  (Read 8120 times)

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
Need advice on Gazebos.
« on: February 13, 2005, 05:23:20 pm »
Still considering our installation options.

I think a gazebo with the privacy windows and screens to keep the bugs out might be a better option then our current plan.

Pouring cement and fencing in the area with a vinyl fence

Does anybody have a good web sites or place to purchase a gazebo for our HS Vanguard.

Or do you have any Pro's or Con's from owning a gazebo.

Hot Tub Forum

Need advice on Gazebos.
« on: February 13, 2005, 05:23:20 pm »

BIG_PAPA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Need advice on Gazebos.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 05:26:53 pm »
Catalina makes  really nice gazebos.they are all mahogany.check there web site.catalinaspas.com

im45us

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 07:10:41 pm »
Not sure where you are from but when I first bought my tub I had plans to build something around it . I live in Massachusetts so can get bad winters. 11 years later it still sits outside and I would never want one enclosed. My wife and I went out side this morning and the snow was lightly falling and it was great.

When my grandkids come over and we go out at night and look at the stars or try to find satellites in the sky it makes me very happy that my tub is outside.

Enjoy your tub.
Ivan

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2005, 07:52:22 pm »
Not sure where you are from but when I first bought my tub I had plans to build something around it . I live in Massachusetts so can get bad winters. 11 years later it still sits outside and I would never want one enclosed. My wife and I went out side this morning and the snow was lightly falling and it was great.

When my grandkids come over and we go out at night and look at the stars or try to find satellites in the sky it makes me very happy that my tub is outside.

Enjoy your tub.
Ivan

I have to say I am envious of you.....Where I am in So Cal...Gazebos are needed for privacy...For many of us we lose the night star watching....but I find myself so many times sitting back with my eyes closed...It is such a relaxing experience none the less...

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2005, 10:53:43 pm »

Enjoy your tub.
Ivan

I'm in Michigan and gazing at the stars and the "outdoor" feeling is something that we have thought about.

However, if you asked me what I hate most about my house I would tell you that I back up to a two story house. I'm in a ranch. If I were to move (build again) I would make sure that I have a wooded lot or backyard with privacy.

So the Gazebo would very much be used for privacy. I have been looking at the ones with the windows that slide open and have a screen option.

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 07:44:57 am »
We live in Michigan have a patio with the plastic fencing around it and a gazebo with our Tiger River Caspian in it.  We were given our gazebo by a friend who moved out of state, was going to put a picnic table it in but deceided to get a Hot Tub.  We don't have any real close neighbors (1 acre lot) but can't admagine not having the gazebo, no bugs, no snow, no high winds.  I do agree we can't watch the stars at night but it is worth it.  Our friends who also have a hot tub shut there's off this winter and are now thinking of getting a gazebo also.  I also like having everything locked up whith the whole patio inclosed also.  Lynnette  :) :)

saz

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 07:52:36 am »
I'm in the uk, and we have one of those folding gazebos for our marquis reward. That way you get thew best of both worlds...you can sit and star gaze on a quiet night...or if you need more privacy, just pop the gazebo up , and put it round the tub. Considered a 'proper' gazebo, but didnt want the permanent ones
saz
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 08:26:01 am by saz »

Russ

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2005, 07:56:46 am »
Another Michigan hot tubber here...
Spa sits outside under the stars. ;D and it is great. It sounds like you already are putting in privacy..the vinyl fence... unless your neighbors have two story houses and their house is almost on top of yours.

other than that, why not build your own gazebo? I built one out by our pond and it's not that hard. Plenty of plans on the web and in magazines.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2005, 10:37:11 am »
Wood is good, but Vinyl is final.

I have sold many wood gazebos over the years and they all require more maint. than folks are willing to give them.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2005, 10:47:28 am »
Check out the Gazebo Works Too line of Gazebo

products. They NOW make them available in a synthetic

material, it looks great. Not really sure about the price,

I'm sure they are expensive, BUT... no maint.

You are absolutely right about the maint. on redwood or

cedar products. Notice most of the spa manufacturers

going away from wood.... gazebo products going the same route. :o

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2005, 02:11:43 pm »
I soooo agree on the maintenance issue. The houses that our builder was building all required a deck (or temporary step) to pass CO.

I ended up going with brick pavers to avoid the maintenance on a deck.

Although way more expensive it is much nicer than a deck (IMHO) and I have not had to power wash it or stain it in the last 4 years.

Neighbor’s decks look really weathered. Only one neighbor who has kept his deck up.

Can’t find anyone with a vinyl Gazebo on display.

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005, 12:14:48 pm »
I think I like the Calspa Lighthouse Gazebo. They offer it in the Cal select.

Has anyone seen this Gazebo in person?

Any opinions on a Gazebo made from Cal Select?

Its hard spending thousands on something you can't check out in person.

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2005, 01:50:05 pm »
drober,

You may need to call Cal direct to see who displays these in your area. You may have to drive a bit to view it in person. Not many dealers display gazebos in their showooms. I currently display 5 in each location, but they are Gazebo Works Too products.
Good luck... ;D

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2005, 01:59:43 pm »
I agree wood=work. I have yet to see a nice synthetic in person.

Cedar doesn't have to be that much work if you appreciate the "grey" look of cedar that is not stained yearly.

We buy and sell gazebos from Visscher Specialty Products (http://www.visscherspecialty.com).

These are constructed of clear western cedar. Beautifully constructed. Solid construction. Not the least expensive gazebo out there. The others we have sold that were less went out of business.....

If there are any dealers out there who do not currently have a supplier for gazebos, Visscher adds serial #'s so you can put them on your Textron or TransAmerica line.

HTM
Homeworks Financing Representative

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2005, 02:38:33 pm »
Wood is good, but Vinyl is final.

I have sold many wood gazebos over the years and they all require more maint. than folks are willing to give them.

Chas,

No doubt about how nice the ease of maintenance is with the vinyl.....but does it off set the more than double the cost of wood.....from what I see it can be as much as almost three times the price....do you carry both....or are you just doing vinyl now....do folks out your way see the enough value in the vinyl to see spending the extra dollars....I know it is work but if you treat a decent wood gazebo yearly....I think you should be able to get more than 10 years out of them.....but it is more work for sure....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2005, 02:38:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42