What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Opinions about Envoy Spa  (Read 6097 times)

georgiapeach

Re: Opinions about Envoy Spa
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2005, 02:43:09 pm »
We need your opinion...
Debating between a Hot Springs 2005 Envoy, or the Grandee. Your thoughts? Also, anybody have the music option. We're told $2000 extra for the music. Is that about right? And is it worth it?

We got our 04 Grandee in November and absolutely love it.  I was going to buy the Envoy, but I just didn't care for the lounger too much.  I liked the idea of having that cool down seat and being able to get in and out of the tub easier.   We haven't regretted our purchase!  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2005, 02:43:09 pm »

cjwitt

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2005, 07:54:31 am »
Just a quick follow-up...

Thanks to all for the advice/suggestions. We wet-tested the 05 Envoy last week and made the purchase! I liked the Dual Moto, and my wife was crazy about the recliner seat. It also gave us a chance to hear the SpaAudio feature. For us, the sound quality didn't justify the dealer's high price (an extra $2000!). Delivery is set for mid to late March, so now we just wait.

In the meantime, I'm reading about set up and water treatment. SpaGuard suggests that when you first take delivery, you fill the spa, super chlorinate, run it for a couple of hours, drain the spa, rinse down the shell, and finally refill. Is that necessary?

Also, we're going to try the EverFresh (or is it FreshWater?) silver ion treatment. Any opinions?

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2005, 10:04:17 am »
Congratulations on your choice of a new Envoy, I know you will be pleased with it.  I know that mine is growing on me.  The Envoy already has silver ion exchange built in so don't buy anything extra.  You proabably can obtain a copy of the operation and maintenance manual for your new Envoy online and read about this and other features so you are well prepared when your new spa is delivered.

There are a lot of options for water treatment.  I use dichlor.  There is an excellent how to for this approach that you can find at http:www.rhtubs.com/dichlorvermonter.htm.  

If you carefully read the Envoy owner's manual first, it will become apparent that dichlor is the only option that is 100% compatible with all of the other features in your new tub.  If you do it the way the Vermonter suggests, you will discover that dichlor is easy to use, inexpensive, and very effective.

Regards,

Bill

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2005, 10:30:54 am »
I have an Envoy with Everfresh (ozone and silver ion).  I use 2 tblsp of MPS before each use and 3 tblsp of dichlor weekly.  Almost 6 months with no water problems.  Changed the water once before winter.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2005, 10:30:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42