What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Colemen 705 (max. series) Questions  (Read 3382 times)

Vito

Colemen 705 (max. series) Questions
« on: February 15, 2005, 08:52:01 am »
1.  What is the deal with this programmable filter system?  Can someone explain how this works and what is different about this vurses other types that always filter?  
2. Are there any pro's/con's to this type of system.  Seems confusing than other tubs out there.
3.  Do others have issues with the head-rest's popping off?

I have been looking on the web at the designs of many tubs, and i have not found the zone thearapy like the colemen has.  Are  there any tubs that focus on the arms  like the colemen.  The corner seat had 3 jets for the under-side of the arm and jets on tub firing down on the top of the arm.  (i have yet to find a tub that fires from the top down (usually it is just from the back and neck) I have not found any other tubs with a design like this, if if i did, would love to know about them.

The largest Colemen dealer in our state is where we went.  i was surprised that they didn't actually deliver/support the colemen however.  They actually have colemen certified people come out, setup and service.  Now they have been in business a long time and dealing with colemen for 10 years, i just thought this was odd?  Thoughts, comments?  The sales guy was awesome and said that if customers are having a hard time with issue (which HE say's ......."Doesn't happen much", they will step in and help, but not sure if that was a good arrangement or not!

Hot Tub Forum

Colemen 705 (max. series) Questions
« on: February 15, 2005, 08:52:01 am »

Tubber

Re: Colemen 705 (max. series) Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 09:32:22 am »
Colemans are preset from manufacturer to cycle once every 12 hours for 3 hours. The clean up cycle is for 4 hours. You can change the defaults yourself.

Zone therapy is the same as accupressure. By hitting the pressure point on the body you relieve muscle strain. A pressure point in your neck can relieve the pressure put on your lower spine by simply relaxing the muscle.

Vito

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 10:36:06 pm »
With he way Colemen has the programmed cycles, does it use noticeable more power to operate then say they way the Sundance cycle's run.  I hear the 2005 Cameo will cycle the tub every 3 hours due to the new filtration cycle without running the jets.

Also new for 2005 is a backlit waterfall and color lighting all included.  I also understand the new model will have disposable filter, no more cleaning, but a new filter has to be purchased yearly.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 10:12:38 am »
My 706 runs me in the coldest months about 30.00

I live in North Dakota and the wintertime temps can easily be -40 for days. My spa has nothing around it so it's completly in the elements. Most months my spa will run between 20.00 to 25.00 and in the summer less then that so it averages around 25.00 over 12 month period.

I have three teenagers and they're all in sports so my spa gets used almost every day by someone and some days several groups of teenagers and their friends use the spa. In fact some  weekends that spa cover is off for 3 to4 hours and the jets are on the whole time as the spa gets fought over between kids.

As far as the filter. Did you know the big filter in your Coleman will last you years. Because of the skimmer basket catching debree like twigs, grass, leaves, hair scrunchies,tree seeds,and other crap that blows in the water, you don't have that tearing up your filter. The first filter that rests on top of the skimmer basket is semi disposable in that you can use it till it starts to really lose it's shape which will be months and months of use. After that we sell them two to a package for 16.00 You may buy two at the very most per year.

I really consider my spa useage extreme due to my climate and teenagers. Most spas are not put in this severe of an enviroment, :o

Spahappy :D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 10:55:59 am »
My 706 runs me in the coldest months about 30.00

I live in North Dakota and the wintertime temps can easily be -40 for days.

You call that cold? Heck, Canadians move to the Dakotas in the wintertime to avoid the cold!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 11:06:40 am »
Yeah we can always tell when those crazy Canukes with their Alberta clippers blow in to town. ;D

What's strange is we often have the same weather as the middle part of Canada but will be quite colder than Alaska :o

Vito

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 11:52:14 pm »
OH YAh -  well this one time - in band camp ...............

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 11:52:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42