What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Portable spas..?  (Read 2596 times)

taz

Portable spas..?
« on: February 13, 2005, 02:43:01 pm »
I'm curious just how portable my portable spa is...

I will be relocating soon, and I'm wondering if anyone out there has had a spa moved? Are moving companies willing to move them? Do they charge extra (other than the obvious space on the truck)?

I know I won't recoup any of the investment if I leave the spa with the house, so I'd like to take it with me. Any information would be appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Portable spas..?
« on: February 13, 2005, 02:43:01 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Portable spas..?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 03:19:11 pm »
Depending on where you're locating to and how far away, a local dealer could do it. If it's a considerable distance, a moving company may do it but expect a nominal charge for moving it. There are also other factors to consider such as location and ease of access to move the spa. Is it sunk into a deck, does it have a gazebo, is there skirting on the spa that is structurally sound?

When in retail, we use to charge $250.00 for a straight forward move within the city limits.

Steve

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 11:30:44 pm »
We usually charge between $250 and $400 for a local move and reset.

If it is out of town we will wrap it and load it in the moving truck for the customer

taz

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 11:44:46 am »
Thanks for the input.

As mentioned in another post, my dealer is out of business.  Would any spa dealer be willing to do this sort of thing for that kind of $, or only if you bought the spa from them?  Do the moving companies refuse to pack & load spas?  

Thanks,

Taz

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 01:37:33 pm »
Call around and ask, the answer will probably vary be dealer.  If it was me, I'd want a reputable spa dealer to move my spa, I'd be afraid to put it in the hands of some generic movers.  I've seen some of these in action, and they were remarkably careless.  But I suppose there are good ones, as well.  
Crap shoot there, I guess.
Brewman
Brewman

stabone

• Just Bring It !!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 06:22:04 pm »

What I have done with folks moving out of town with a moving company, is unhook the spa, cover it, then move the tub to the driveway, then the moving company takes it from there, and the owners keep their fingers crossed while it is moved!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 06:22:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42