What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: jacuzzi vs. caldera??  (Read 7551 times)

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
jacuzzi vs. caldera??
« on: February 10, 2005, 04:21:18 pm »
going to wet test a jacuzzi 365 sat morning. local dealer has '04 model on floor for 6995. is this a good price?
also wet testing caldera niagra right afterward. it is an '04 model also, but is $8100. if both are comparable (comfortwise),  im thinking, $1200 is a big difference...
had a question though....
i liked the jets in the caldera that can either be direct or swirling (veraSsage) and when the jacuzzi rep showed me almost the same kind of jet, i commented that i did like that feature, and had just seen it on the caldera, he said no, they dont have the same thing as jac. patented the jet.looks the same to me... is there a functional difference?? jac rep also said that caldera jets have a tendencey to strip and come out... any truth to that? or just more sales rep bs?

Hot Tub Forum

jacuzzi vs. caldera??
« on: February 10, 2005, 04:21:18 pm »

Chris_H

Re: jacuzzi vs. caldera??
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 04:31:50 pm »
“jac rep also said that caldera jets have a tendencey to strip and come out”
Ask your Jacuzzi Salesperson if they have had issues with their jets in the past year.  Also, the Jacuzzi Jets only have a 1-year warranty.  The Caldera has a 5-year warranty.

Read the fine prints of both warranties.  You will see the warranty on the Caldera is a little bit better.

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 04:34:03 pm »
Chris,
The Hyundai warrantee is 10 years, Rolls Royce, 1 year, which is better? ;)

Chris_H

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 04:35:59 pm »
Considering the reputation of both brands.  The Caldera has a better warranty.

hottubber

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 04:37:05 pm »
I do have to agree with you, the Caldera warrantee is pretty strong... ;D

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 04:41:42 pm »
Chris,

Is that true about Rolls?
Homeworks Financing Representative

hottubber

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 04:43:50 pm »
Yes sir, the Rolls warrantee is one year full. But 6 years on the jets. :o

obi wan

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 04:54:36 pm »
i understand caldera is great product, but i was a little suprised that clearance of '04 models is 5% off???  $8500 marked down to $8100??
i was going to put the purchase on a credit card (for the reward points) and just pay it off at once, but , i am aware that cc ttransactions typically cost the company about 1.5-2% transaction fee. if i use a check instead, or cash, could i get them to come down on the price?
even without the wet test, i am leaning more towards the caldera, even at $1200 more....
i am a frugal buyer, trying to get the best value for my buck. i know dealers are in biz to make $, but the mark up must be tremendous. i was going to offer cash or check, as a starting point,  and see what they say.....any better ideas?

Chris_H

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 04:57:59 pm »
He would definitely take 1% or 2% off if you paid by check.  Probably even more if you paid in green bills.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 05:06:50 pm »
i am a frugal buyer, trying to get the best value for my buck.

Very well said, its all about value. Too many don't see the difference between value and price. That being said, its fine to ask here about haggling but you seem hesitant to ask those same questions to your dealer. Be up front with him/her with what you want as the worst thing they can do is say no. However, that wet test sure is a wise idea.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

obi wan

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 05:10:54 pm »
i have cut sheets on both, cal niagra and jac 365. after reading brochures, is the jac 385 more comparable to the niagra, instead of the 365?
i was also just reading a post here from a few days ago about some one looking at a jasc 355 and a coleman... anyway they ref'ed getting a price of $6100 on a 365 '04 model. thats a far cry from the "clearance price" of $6995 i was quoted today....wonder how much talking cash will do....

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2005, 05:48:23 pm »
Oops I guess I should jump in here since I've sold Jacuzzi's for over two weeks now. ::)

keep an open mind and let the wet test guide your decision. Let us know how it goes.

Spahappy :D  

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2005, 06:04:03 pm »
Chris,

Hey, they both get you from point A to point B. I'm sure you get better gas mileage in the Hyundai and if you look at the Sonata or their other "higher end" vehicles you'd be surprised at how nice they really are. And 6 years from now either need a repair - the Hyundai still has a warranty that might cover it. Or I can buy another one and still come out cheaper in the end! Now that's VALUE!!!

But I thought you professionals said you can't compare cars to tubs ... ?

hottubber

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2005, 07:31:43 am »
Vin,

Chill out... I was only making this comparison to prove that the length of the spa warrantee does not dictate the quality of the spa.
Look at Cal Spas,... no, I take that back, don't waste your valuable time.
Back in the mid 80's, PDC Spas had a 25 year warrantee. That only covered if the shell leaked, not the plumbing.
Warrantees are tricky, you must read the fine print.   :o
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 07:32:12 am by hottubber »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2005, 02:00:46 pm »
speaking of warranties and shells.....most of those lifetime....(whatever that really means)....are for water loss....not cracking.....or blisters....and to have a shell lose water.......is pretty rare......so again it is a play on words......but sounds good during a sale presention....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2005, 02:00:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42