What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet Tested and Floated  (Read 9319 times)

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
Wet Tested and Floated
« on: February 05, 2005, 08:44:07 am »
I wet tested at the HS store last night. I tested the Vanguard and Vista.

I really like the setup of the Vanguard and my wife loves the cool down seat she can lay down on.

I was suprised that in the corner seats I felt like I had a hard time staying seated (floating out/upward) even with the jets off.

I thought the floating thing was going to be more for loungers but even with the jets off I felt like I was fighting to keep my self in the seat.

I wish the tub had a raised foot well I could put my feet against to help me stay seated.

What are your thoughts/suggestions. I really love the tub but the corner seats (captin chairs) worry me.

I will propbanly wet test again today to reasses.

Is there any after market add ons like raised foot wells or anything. I know I heard there were booster seats for deep spas.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Wet Tested and Floated
« on: February 05, 2005, 08:44:07 am »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Wet Tested and Floated
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 09:51:40 am »
Drober;

One after market tool that may help are weights. I am talking about the ones individuals wear to make walking or running more difficult that you wrap around your hands, angles or even waist.

That said there are plaenty of other rands that may fit your size/body type better.

You spoke of foot dome. There are many brands that have this feature, to name a few Dimension 1 (Nuatilus, Chairman II, Chairman ('04's not in '05) and the Californian), Sundance (Optima), Coleman (C470, 471, More previlent in '05's) And many more. Other will chime in.

If you like the idea of a lounge, but fear floating, definitely check out Coleman. The C471 and C481. Both models have a lounge that is less horizontal which helps prevent floating. If you are a serous floater, thefoot releif zone in the lounge is extra protection against floating.

Depending on your height, D-1 has some great antifloat lounge designs aswell.

obviously I sell Coleman and D-1, but have a look. Others will offer other options.

HTM
Homeworks Financing Representative

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 10:40:06 am »
Thanks for the reply! I am going to wet test Caldera right now.

I will look up the coleman and D1 dealers in my area.

My wife suggested divers weights but it sounded silly/hassel to me.

It will be intersting to see if the floating sensation goes away in other spas "corner" seats.

I'm 5'7" and weigh 200 pounds so I should not float as easy as some.

Do others here use any weight devices?

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005, 11:01:34 am »
I wouldn't say the weights are popular, you just asked a question and that answer came to mind.

I agree they could be a hassle, that is primairily why I suggested trying other tubs until you find one that fits you well and is handled by a good dealer.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2005, 12:27:57 pm »
Interesting!  I bought my Vanguard because I floated the least in it!

Keep wet testing!  I had to wet tested around 8 different models (between 4 manufacturers)!

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2005, 01:05:53 pm »
I just got back from wet testing the Caldera Geneva. I floated a little in the lounger but the rest of the spa was great!

The corner seat has a headrest that surrounds your neck and keeps you seated. It was very comfortable.

The other seats were also nice and the built in raised foot well is an addition that all spas should have (IMHO) it helps keep you seated and also gives people their own place for their feet. I really like it.

I feel the need to wet test the HS again just to make sure.

mhraracing

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2005, 04:08:26 pm »
I just got back from wet testing the Caldera Geneva. I floated a little in the lounger but the rest of the spa was great!

The corner seat has a headrest that surrounds your neck and keeps you seated. It was very comfortable.

The other seats were also nice and the built in raised foot well is an addition that all spas should have (IMHO) it helps keep you seated and also gives people their own place for their feet. I really like it.

I feel the need to wet test the HS again just to make sure.

Drober - great assesment - we were debating between the HS Vista and the Geneva and went with the Geneva for the same reasons you are concerned about.  
Definitly wet test them both again - jsut to make sure. (we went back twice  ::))
So far We love the spa and have no complaints.

I do have one suggestions for Caldera - the second panel on the Utopia versions is not backlit and it should be....cant see the bottons very well in the dark.
Caldera Geneva Utopia

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2005, 05:46:43 pm »

Drober - great assesment - we were debating between the HS Vista and the Geneva and went with the Geneva for the same reasons you are concerned about.  
Definitly wet test them both again - jsut to make sure. (we went back twice  ::))
So far We love the spa and have no complaints.

I do have one suggestions for Caldera - the second panel on the Utopia versions is not backlit and it should be....cant see the bottons very well in the dark.

The 05 models now have a backlite light on the second control pad. I was told a enhanced/brighter? LED lite and different filtration system were some of the changes.

I'm on my way to give HS another shot. Will post tonight what I thought.

Luv2cruise

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2005, 10:47:49 pm »
We floated also, but after reading here...well, we now use our spa without wearing our suits (whenever possible), and without a suit, we don't float.

My hubby would like to thank anyone and everyone who suggested this.  ;D I would never have come up with this on my own, nor would I have probably even tried it.

TTyacke

• Marquis Epic Owner
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2005, 01:16:58 am »
My wife also felt that she floated too much in the Vanguard, so we kept wet testing.  We have wet tested every brand locally available to us (Hotsprings, Marquis, LA Spas, Coleman, Cal Spas, Arctic Spas, Jacuzzi Premium, Caldera, and Sundance) and found the most comfortable spa with the footwells that allowed my wife to not float was the Jacuzzi J365.  Also, it was about $2000 less same features as the Hotspring.  Also really liked the Arctic.  If you have not wet tested Jacuzzi premium or Arctic yet, you should if you have local dealers.  Good Luck.

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2005, 11:30:30 am »
OK... so I went and wet tested again at length. I tested the 04 Vanguard and 04 Grandee.

It was much better this time around. I felt more comfortable in the tub then I remembered from my first test.

I think allot had to do with being relaxed. My first test was stressful from considering all different tubs and running around.

Now that I have narrowed it down to the Grandee or Vanguard in the HS line I took my time and enjoyed the tubs. I tested for about an hour between the tubs.

The difference in price between the 04 Grandee and
05 Vanguard is $300 OTD.

My wife really likes the cool down in the Vanguard because she can actually lie across it and lean her back in the corner. I really like the size of the Grandee.

Leaning toward the Grandee.....

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2005, 04:30:43 pm »
You can't go wrong with either choice!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

TubbinSoon, now we be tubbin

• Wot the
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2005, 09:16:24 am »
I haven't had a Speedo since I was about 12 years old and that was 48 years ago! They may work better. All of the men's suits I wore during tests bagged up air and in some cases it was a struggle to stay in place in the tubs. I found out that at home a pair of men's boxer shorts allow the air to release out the front. Although some may wonder if the bubbles are man made? However that did provide some degree of modesty. At night we wear our stealth suits, no lights, no clothes, no float unless you want to.

Up periscope?

saz

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2005, 11:20:57 am »
At night we wear our stealth suits, no lights, no clothes, no float unless you want to.

I have to say that there's nothing quite like being naked in the tub, is there? the only thing to remember is not to get into the tub without sorting out the towels, then rip your cossie off and fling ot too far away for you to get hold of it !!!!lol  it has caused a couple of complications on occasions!!!!!!
saz
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 11:22:14 am by saz »

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2005, 06:28:29 pm »
Naked hotttubbing,... Awesome. It is the only way to soak ;D What ever happened to the seatbelt with suction cups, remember them. You would put the suction cup on the acrylic, place the strap across your lap, then suction the other end and it would prevent you from floating out of the lounge.....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2005, 06:28:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42