What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Which would you take Vanguard or Grandee?  (Read 4732 times)

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
Which would you take Vanguard or Grandee?
« on: February 08, 2005, 10:23:08 pm »
I can't seem to make up my mind and I have four days to decide.

The price of the spa's are the same.

If you could have a 04 grandee or a 05 Vanguard with the dual moto which would you take and why?

Hot Tub Forum

Which would you take Vanguard or Grandee?
« on: February 08, 2005, 10:23:08 pm »

TimC

Re: Which would you take Vanguard or Grandee?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 10:31:37 pm »
We struggled with the Vanguard 04 vs. a Grandee 04 and went with the Vanguard, just because we thought the Grandee was going to be too big.

We also looked at setting the Grandee on the deck and was concerned about the weight and the spacing from the house for code.

I think either will be great.  I am kinda jealous of the 05 dual moto.  That would likely solidify the deal to the Vanguard.   Having the new toy is pretty cool and the dual moto seems to be the best new toy in the industry (at least from this novice viewpoint),

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 10:36:25 pm »
DRober,
I see you're still pondering this still. From the posts I've seen the last couple days I see the Grandee is an '04 and has more room that the Vangard (L,H and W) but the latter is an '05 and has been redesigned with the doublemoto. To me its simple, if the extra room means something to you I'd say go with the Grandee. If it doesn't then I'd say go with the Vangard. But that's just me!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

csutton

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 09:14:24 am »
I had the same problem choosing either the Vanguard or the Grandee.  I had originally decided on the Vanguard but throughout the process I was concerned about the size.  It seemed to me that when you put four people in the Vanguard it was pretty cramped.  I actually got up to the counter to purchase the Vanguard and made a last second switch to go with the Grandee.  I was concerned that the Grandee was going to be too big but I just got it delivered last Friday.  It looks great.  Not too big at all.  I am very happy that I choose the Grandee.  Like my sales man told me, "You usually don't here anyone saying that they wish they would have bought a smaller spa."  
Just my opinion.  

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 09:37:19 am »
I would say without a doubt to go for the Grandee.  You will definitley appreciate the bigger size whether it is just you and significant other or if you are entertaining guests.  Personally I thought 4 people in the Vangaurd would be cramped and everyone would be playing footsie.  Granted you most likely wont have 4 people in your spa all the time but it is nice to have the extra room when you do and it is really nice to be able to stretch out totally when you are in there alone.  So, again in my opinion, I would say hands down go with the Grandee.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2005, 09:37:56 am by Perk1 »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 12:08:09 pm »
Ok, you asked...  ;D

I have a Vanguard and would choose it again.  Being "vertically challenged" I like the shallower Vanguard.  Usually just me (occasionally hubby joins me) so having enough room isn't an issue with me!

I don't have the dual moto-massage, but have heard wonderful things about it!

I don't think you can go wrong with either!

:D Have you tried flipping a coin?   ???   ;)
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 12:24:40 pm »
:D Have you tried flipping a coin?   ???   ;)

Not a bad idea but that will only lead to another thread as to whether the Vangard should be heads or tails and then all the jokes will start about ...!  ;D

envoy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005, 12:51:30 pm »
I'd go with the dual moto on the 05. I have a Envoy with the duals. (love it!!) How much more will the 05 Grandee be??

« Last Edit: February 09, 2005, 02:21:13 pm by envoy »

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2005, 01:54:33 pm »
Thanks all for the input!

I was hoping to hear your pro's and con's on the issue.

Envoy ...The 05 Grandee would be $1300 more so that is not an option and I'm told there are no changes between the 04 & 05 Grandee.

I agree that I can’t go wrong on either. I will have to determine what’s more important.... Size / dual moto

water_maiden

• Live life with abandon!
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2005, 01:54:40 pm »
I am partial to the 2005 Vanguard for two reasons.  It now has the dual moto massage and an additonal pump.  Chas can correct me on this statement if I am wrong.  I believe that the pumps in both the Vanguard and Grandee are the same now.  If you don't really need the extra space, I would choose the Vanguard without a second thought.  I have only heard positive things about the dual moto.  

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2005, 08:59:36 pm »
Yes !! We have a winner !!

The Grandee and the Vanguard have the same pumps in '05.

;D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2005, 08:54:36 pm »
The 05 Vanguard is the winner!

I wet tested again with my brother and nephew so we had three in the Vanguard. It was much better than I expected. I did not feel like we were all over each other.

Now 90% of the time it will be just me and my spouse in the tub so it was easy for me to buy the smaller tub.

The dual moto and the great cool down seat we can lounge on will be great.

Now that that’s out of the way I have to get the pad poured and electrical run. Both which have been contracted but here in Michigan the cement is not going down till the beginning of April. Let the waiting game begin.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2005, 09:35:32 pm »
The 05 Vanguard is the winner!

I wet tested again with my brother and nephew so we had three in the Vanguard. It was much better than I expected. I did not feel like we were all over each other.

Now you know why we always say WET TEST! Congrats.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2005, 06:12:48 pm »
Congratulations!

May you always have hot, bubbly water!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2005, 06:12:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42