What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My Marquis SA Reward  (Read 5966 times)

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
My Marquis SA Reward
« on: January 27, 2005, 10:24:14 am »
 Hi everyone.
I know I haven't written since I got my tub,  but I have been lurking, learning, and laughing since then.

I absolutly love my Marquis and didn't know I could love a Minnesota winter so much!

Well, I have a problem.  Last night I went out to enjoy a nice Minnesota winter evening.  Pulled my cover back, hopped in as usual, and Brrr, it was only luke warm.  The temp said 104, which was obviously wrong (usually it's set at 100) so I started messing with the temp control (up and down) and finally the heater light came on.  Then the actual temp of 85 came on and I got out, put the cover back on and checked it this AM.  Pumps were off and temp is 95.  A code of "LF" came up.

Called the dealer and he had me turn the power off, take out the filters and turn the power back on.  He asked me if the water is low (it's about 1/2 way up the fins) and asked when I cleaned the filters last ( about 2 weeks ago)  He's got techs  coming out this afternoon.  He said the LF means low flow.  

Just thought I'd ask you experts if this is something you've run across?  Is it something to do with operater error?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 06:45:23 pm by Ruby »
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

Hot Tub Forum

My Marquis SA Reward
« on: January 27, 2005, 10:24:14 am »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: My Marquis Reward
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 11:01:12 am »
LF will come up if the tub sensed a low water or low flow condition 4 times in a row. This usually means that your filters are dirty or your water level is low however, there has been a few sensor issues lately and they are on top of it. Keep an eye on it and if it happens again have them check the sensors.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 11:50:00 am »
You may simply need to add water...I recommend filling to 3/4 up the fins and to add when you are where you are at....

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 01:42:21 pm »
LF will come up if the tub sensed a low water or low flow condition 4 times in a row. This usually means that your filters are dirty or your water level is low however, there has been a few sensor issues lately and they are on top of it. Keep an eye on it and if it happens again have them check the sensors.

5 Times on a 24hr period.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 02:29:36 pm »

5 Times on a 24hr period.

Thanks

Elle

• Underpromise; overdeliver.
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 04:07:21 pm »
LF was one of the codes that I kept getting.  It did finally go away when I had both sensors replaced.  I would start there.

Elle

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 06:23:08 pm »
Well, the techs came out this afternoon.  By this time the temp was back up to 100.  The filters had been out since this morning.  They said the filters must've been dirty.  

o.k.  3 questions.  
1.)Do they get THAT dirty that fast? There are only two of us that use it (daily) I didn't think we were that grimey!
2.) When I changed them out the last time (2 weeks) I put the other ones in the filter cleaner solution and forgot to take them out til today when I talked to the dealer- does it hurt them to be in there that long?  
3.) How long do they need to dry before I put them back in the tub?

Thanks everyone for your input.  I will keep a close eye on this- Hopefully it's not a sensor problem.
Minnesota Consumer

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
Re: My Marquis SA Reward
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2005, 02:50:40 pm »
As you know, the techs were here on Thurs.  I haven't used the tub since.  I went out this morning and I had a code of "OHH" Cld the dealer and the tech happened to answer the phone.  He had me Turn off the switch and restart it.  It went thru all the "PR" stuff, and then "--F" and then the heat light came on (the temp was 81) he said that was good but he'd be here tomorrow.  I went to check it just now and I have a new code "dr" .
Minnesota Consumer

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2005, 11:08:36 pm »
Pump or Sensor..... More likely a faulty pump overheating. Do me a favor, PM me with your serial # if you get a chance.....

Elle

• Underpromise; overdeliver.
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2005, 09:30:35 am »
As you know, the techs were here on Thurs.  I haven't used the tub since.  I went out this morning and I had a code of "OHH" Cld the dealer and the tech happened to answer the phone.  He had me Turn off the switch and restart it.  It went thru all the "PR" stuff, and then "--F" and then the heat light came on (the temp was 81) he said that was good but he'd be here tomorrow.  I went to check it just now and I have a new code "dr" .

OMG!!!!  This is almost exactly what just happened to me.  When the sensors were replaced the tub went back to normal.  You can mess around having almost all the components of your spa replaced (as we did), but do yourself a favor and fast forward to the real issue.  I have heard that Marquis is having sensor issues.  It was certainly true in my case.
The one sensor was malfunctioning sending an overheating code to the panel while the temp continued to drop without the heater working.  If you let this go you run the risk of burning out everything else, as in our case.

Elle

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2005, 05:29:14 pm »
Well the techs just left. They replaced the board.  We'll see if that is the problem.

Something just dawned on me.  I didn't ask them, and they didn't say anything, but, am I charged for these visits or does the warranty cover trip charges?  
Minnesota Consumer

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2005, 05:32:22 pm »
Warranty should cover it.

BTW, Marquis is not having a "sensor issue" they had several sensors fail over a year ago at the same time along with several other manufactures using the Balboa Sensors. It was due to the encasement of the probe wires coming out of the bulb. It was corrected very rapidly in true Marquis fashion. The other issue was around the end of the third quarter last year where they got some faulty motors from a vendor and again jumped right on it and got it corrected.

There is a chance that you had a dry fire from low water or dirty filter and that could ruin a sensor. I rarely see board problems....
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 05:52:35 pm by stuart »

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2005, 02:50:23 pm »
Ruby,
What is it that you like the most? I understand that Marquis has really stepped to the plate with their features for 2005. Please advise...

Hottubber ;)

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2005, 08:43:23 pm »
   Well I have the 2004 model of the SA reward.  The main thing that sold me on the Marquis was the dealers reputation and Marquis' warranty.  

I did research on Angieslist.com and word of mouth (mostly from a non-biased tech that is a friend of a friend.)  He recommended Marquis, Hot Spring and D1.  He said the             Marquis has a very low repair rate and they're easy to work on.  He also highly recommended my dealer, who he does not work for.

After that we wet tested and I really like the neck therapy.  My main reason for getting a spa was due to soft tissue damage in my neck & shoulder from a car accident so this was really important for me.  The power of the jets was great and the fact that we can adjust the power from high to low was a plus.  (I hear people complain that jets blow them out of the seats-we can adjust that)  Sometimes that much power is nice to have.  

I really like the spa frog.  The only time my water has gotten cloudy is when my  bromine cartridge needs to be replaced. It took me a bit to figure that out but now that I know, it's the first thing I do.

We got the Reward because of the lounger and I'm glad we didn't listen to the nay-sayers here.  The lounger is my  favorite seat.  It's great for sky watching. The one thing that I wish the Reward did have is leg jets on the lounger, it was one of the things that we really wanted but had to sacrifice.

We weren't looking for all the bells and whistles (waterfall, led lights etc) we wanted the therepudic benefits and our SA Reward fit the bill.

Unfortunatly our tub is having a set back right now, but it could happen to any brand.  I'm just glad that our dealer is  
living up to their reputation as far as standing behind their product.  Everyone from the mgr of the store to the two techs that have been coming out to work on it have been awesome.  

Hope this helps
Minnesota Consumer

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2005, 08:59:12 pm »
that is good to hear...and even more so that you took the time to let people that you are being taken care of...as many times someone voice is only heard when it is to complain...I am sure you will be back in Hot water soon....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2005, 08:59:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42