What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: No Microfilter in 05 Optima?  (Read 3924 times)

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
No Microfilter in 05 Optima?
« on: February 03, 2005, 10:26:08 am »
I was browsing the 'updated' Sundance site and it looks like the 880 series models (Maxxus, Optima, and Cameo) have gone away with the 2 part filter.  Anyone know why Sundance would go away from using the Microfilter on these new models?  Looks like the 850 series models still use them.  On the Optima they are now refering to the filtration as the "MicroClean II Filtration System".

http://sundancespas.com/800Series/Optima.html

« Last Edit: February 03, 2005, 10:27:31 am by bulmer4nc »
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Hot Tub Forum

No Microfilter in 05 Optima?
« on: February 03, 2005, 10:26:08 am »

Tubber

Re: No Microfilter in 05 Optima?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 10:34:33 am »
The new 880 models Maxxus, Cameo, and Optima will have this new micro clean filter. It is disposable, no more cleaning filters. Better water quality. They are going to 2 single speed pumps for therapy and a high flow circ pump for 24 hour filtration. You can opt to use the old two part or even the regular 125 pleated with these models.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 10:55:53 am »
Can you use this new filter on the older models?  Or do you need the 'new' circ pump system for this to work?  Just curious if it's the filter that is better or the combination of the filter and the new circ pump.

I'm guessing there's no chance my dealer would do a swap of our 04 for an 05 eh?

Ken

Tubber

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 10:59:44 am »
It will fit in your spa . It's just not going to work right, it is designed for a high flow circ pump.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 11:02:29 am »
The new 880 models Maxxus, Cameo, and Optima will have this new micro clean filter. It is disposable, no more cleaning filters. Better water quality. They are going to 2 single speed pumps for therapy and a high flow circ pump for 24 hour filtration. You can opt to use the old two part or even the regular 125 pleated with these models.

So, if it's 2 single speed pumps, there is now no 'filtration' cycles that you have to program?  It's ONLY the circ pump doing the filtration?

Tubber

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 11:08:02 am »
Thats correct a high flow circ pump, Which I think also controls the water features.

nm-tn

• 2004 Optima
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 03:49:12 am »
so is this better?  :-/

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2005, 08:35:05 am »
Anyone know what the cost/frequency of replacing this new filter is?

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2005, 08:51:48 am »
IMO, it seems like a great change.  All your filtering will come through the skimmer via the circ pump which will be pulling more volume than the smaller older pump.  For those of us who like to sit in the spa with the low speed pump on low, the circ pump with or without the water feature on should give the same kind of low level water action.  Both therapy pumps now draw totally through the suctions at the bottom and are controlled by the diverter valves.  The amount of filtering can be programmed if you do not prefer to leave the circ pump on 24/7.  The downside there is not having ozone all the time.

It is my observation that my two speed pump on my 2002 Optima draws through the skimmer whether the pump is on low or high.  It never bypasses unless there is an obstruction, of course.  The bearingless jets on the 2003 models and up must use more water to operate because they draw through the suctions at the bottom when on high.  This engineering design change seems to me to compliment those new style jets.

I have nothing to back this up...just my observations.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 08:38:45 am »
We have the 2003, and your observations are correct- pump one draws thru the main filter.  On my spa I have not observed the pump drawing thru the bottom suction inlets, though, only the single speed pump.

Sounds like you have checked out the new models.  I'll have to stop in and do that next time I'm in the area.

Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 08:38:45 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42