What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone using Eco One?  (Read 14616 times)

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
Anyone using Eco One?
« on: January 05, 2005, 05:25:52 pm »
I did a seach on Eco One.  You have no idea how many words contain eco & one!!!!

I was wondering if Eco One was a good product to use in my HS Vista.  I am using Dichlor and MPS but am having problems with dry ichy skin after using the spa.  Moisturizer is helping but not really great.  Spa usage is going down because I cannot take the itching.   I read a bit about Eco One and am curious is this is something to look into.

Insight would be great!

Thanks.

Jonathan

Hot Tub Forum

Anyone using Eco One?
« on: January 05, 2005, 05:25:52 pm »

Neptuner

• My only tub foam
Re: Anyone using Eco One?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 11:52:56 pm »
Eco One works well for us. We use very little dichlor and there's no need for skin moisturizers.

We used a full bottle the first month and 1/2 bottle per month since then. We do a water change twice per year.

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 12:06:53 pm »
Thanks for the info, sounds like adecent product.

Anyone else?

Jonathan

Bigbender

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 01:05:58 pm »
I'm also interested in hearing more user comments on Eco One or any other products that compare to it. If their claims are true, I really like the idea of Eco One being made from 100% natural products.

I've only had my tub for about two weeks and I'm using Bromine. When we noticed dryness and some minor itching, I started cutting back on my bromine so the level stays at the lower end of the test strip's "ideal" area.  Even after cutting back, I've developed little bumps all over my back (nowhere else). My niece told me that she stopped using Bromine soon after she bought her hot tub because of rashes etc. She switched to Baquaspa and likes it but my dealer said that Baquaspa was banned for sale in several states and that it was found to deteriorate plastic. Their website specifically states that it can't be introduced into a Bromine system too so for these reasons, I'm not considering it.

Can Eco One or Nature 2 (or others) be introduced into a Bromine system without a chemical reaction ? My dealer suggested cutting the Bromine levels way back before a transition to another product. I'm hoping to avoid draining the tub so soon after my purchase, but if need be, I will for health reasons.

TCMarvin

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 01:09:48 pm »
I use it with very little chlorine and Ozone. It works great and is very easy to use.

The instruction manual that comes with the kit states that they guarantee you will like it. So you can get your money back if you find that it is not the treatment for you.

I am 99% sure that you will be able to enjoy your spa again, if you decide to try Eco One. Your skin will not become dry and itchy anymore and it will feel great after getting out. You wont even need to shower.

If you decide to try it, let us know if it works for you.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 01:19:15 pm »
. I'm hoping to avoid draining the tub so soon after my purchase, but if need be, I will for health reasons.

Chas' law suggest changing the water after your first month anyway.  You didn't mention it, but I was curious about cost and checked in my town I pay $13 for 1000 cubic feet of water, which is over 7000 gallons and my tub holds 425 gallons.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Bigbender

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2005, 02:10:05 pm »
You didn't mention it, but I was curious about cost and checked in my town I pay $13 for 1000 cubic feet of water, which is over 7000 gallons and my tub holds 425 gallons.

Really, draining the water isn't a big deal, I just hated to flood my yard on top of all of this rain we've been getting in Pa. I have an artesian well and a heavy-duty pump so it doesn't cost me anything but time. We were surprised to find out that it only takes me about a half-hour to fill the tub. The installer was impressed....

I just didn't want to hear my wife complain about waiting for the water to warm up again :) Because of this,I'll have to drain it before work in the morning and let it heat back up for her evening "splash"

Will my existing water additive inventory (for Bromine treatment) be compatable with Eco One? Examples: PH Up, PH Down, Spa Pure, Spa Shock, Clarifier, etc...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 02:52:01 pm by wmccall »

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2005, 02:18:35 pm »
Well is'nt this interesting. About a month ago I developed a rash on my back, behind the knees and on my arms. My physician told me that it was something else (cannot even pronounce it) but that it was unlikely related to the hot tub. I stayed out of it for about 4 weeks (man that was a long time watching my wife in there) skin celared up and now I seem to have the symptoms showing up again.

What is the basis of Eco One (active ingredients)?  

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2005, 02:34:48 pm »
Eco One is an enzyme based bacteriacide (sp).  It is safest to use along with a small dose of sanitizer, but many who use it do not.  Another product that is very similar and a little more mainstream is The Natural.  It can be purchased from dealers and on line.  RHTUBS.com has some very good information on this product.

For Bigbender..

If you are interested in staying with bromine, but would like to use lower levels, try the Spa Frog or LeisureTime's mineral purifier.  They can be used with bromine unlike Nature2 and you only have to maintain about 1ppm bromine level.

TCMarvin

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2005, 02:39:58 pm »
bender

All you will need with Eco One is a small amount of a sanitizer and possibly a product for heavy metals if your tap water has too much.

Your Bromine will work fine, but i suggest that you use chlorine (dichlor) instead. If you add chlorine after you get out of the spa it will be used up and gone by the next day so you will be tubbing non-toxically.

All other products are not needed, except for the PH products. You'll find that your PH rarely needs adjusting between fills so you will use very little of these too.

Nature2 is not bromine compatible, but there is a product called the Frog that is made for use with bromine.

TCMarvin

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2005, 02:45:21 pm »
doodoo

Here is the info listed on the manufacturers site. The coconut extract is the ingredient that benefits your skin.

Powerful yet gentle cleansers: Eco One contains powerful cleansers that break down suntan oil, body lotions and other unwanted contaminates, dissolving them harmlessly, eliminating the cause of unsightly scum and foam.

Flocking agents: Eco One contains pure organic compounds that are naturally attracted to contaminates and minerals in the water. Solid contaminates clump together into larger particles that get swept up and caught in the filter where they belong. The natural flocking action keeps your water crystal-clear for a full month or more.

Natural Water Softeners: The natural water softening minerals in Eco One reduce the surface tension of the water and helps prevent scale from forming. The water feels soft and equipment is protected.

Enzymes: The secret to Eco One is our proprietary blend of natural enzymes. Enzymes accelerate natural bioprocesses and keep your spa water sparkling clean without the “chemical soup”, odor, irritation, dry skin, testing or water balancing.

Why Enzymes?

Enzymes increase the interaction between elements. They are added to detergents to help break down blood, fat, perspiration, and grass stains.

Lipase and Cellulase enzymes soften the fatty exterior walls of microscopic cells, causing them to rupture more easily. Amylase and Protease enzymes help break down starches and proteins. Oxidase and Hydrolase enzymes increase oxidation and promote the rapid degradation of many substances. Enzymes originally were extracted from both plants and animals, but can now be grown naturally in common soil.

Our enzymes are of food grade type carried by a coconut extract  base, contributing to the overall effectiveness of the solution. As the solution breaks down during use, the coconut is released and gradually coats the filter cartridge, which improves filtration and makes cleaning the filter much easier. Coconut oil has the added benefit of being an excellent skin softener! The result is much healthier water, fresh, clean and clear without fear of exposure to harsh chemicals or their negative side effects.

TCMarvin

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2005, 02:53:28 pm »
More info for those that like to read and learn. This is from the manufacturers site and below is the comments from poolandspa.com.

Eco One can act as a replacement for, or greatly reduce your need for the vast majority of your spa-care chemical regimen, non-toxically.

Eco One reduces the overall amount of sanitizer needed by minimizing the "workload" of the sanitizer. Normally, spa owners have to add many chemicals to balance their spa, not with Eco One. It handles the bulk of the chores and leaves the sanitizer to do it's job, which is to kill bacteria fast and effectively. There is NO reason why someone should add heavy amounts of sanitizer to breakdown foam, suntan oils, personal care products, detergents, scum, etc. This can all be taken care of without harmful chemicals. All you are doing is increasing your potential to health risk from exposure to chlorine byproduct off-gassing.

It's important to understand that chlorine by products can be even worse when used in hot water, such as a hot tubs/spas. With Eco One you will reduce your sanitizer use by up to 90%. You wont even be able to tell that there is a sanitizer in the water. NO chemical smell, itching, rashes, dry skin, red eyes, faded clothing, damaged hair, etc. NONE!

------------------------------------------

Eco One - It’s a miracle!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Spa Treatment solves most water chemistry problems !

Spa water chemistry problems continue to plague many hot tub spa owners. In fact, many people indicate that they do not use their spa as much as they want due to poor water quality. That is a real shame...to let that big beautiful spa go to waste !

Luckily, there is now an answer to most spa water chemistry problems. That answer seems to be this Eco One stuff ! This enzyme based water conditioner is produced by a company called Pacific Sands in California and it is quickly turning out to be one of our best selling spa products ! Pacific Sands is, at its core, an environmental company. The goal of the company is to develop and market water treatment solutions that do not incorporate toxic substances. In fact, all the ingredients in Eco One are 100% safe and natural.

Pacific Sands actually develops aqua-environmental solutions for industrial, agricultural and consumer products. These products are nontoxic, enzyme-based water treatments that have applications ranging from cleaning products and pet care to water towers, factory holding ponds and even wastewater treatment ! This advanced technology is now available to consumers for use in home hot tub spas !

We at Poolandspa.com have tested this product extensively and it appears as if Eco One Spa Treatment may turn out to be one of the finest, easiest to use and safest spa water conditioners on the market today. Your Spa water will be softer, clearer, with no odors, no foam, and no irritation to the eyes or skin. Eco One is a unique formulation of Natural enzymes, minerals, and plant extracts that contains no chlorine, bromine or other harsh chemicals.

Eco One can act as a replacement for, or greatly reduce your need for the vast majority of your spa-care chemical regime. One bottle of Eco One Spa Treatment in conjunction with non-chlorine shock will effectively keep your spa water crystal clear and odor free for 2-3 mo. The biggest advantages of this product over chlorine or bromine is that you will have no more chemical odor, your water will remain “new” looking and feeling for up to 2-3 months, you will have no more itching, no more rashes, no more scum lines or “ring around the spa”. It will reduce or eliminate spa foam and also helps maintain a balanced pH and alkalinity. And your water will truly sparkle. It’s a miracle ! We suggest that you give it a try. You have nothing to lose and a sparkling clear hot tub spa to gain !

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2005, 04:10:03 pm »
Some good responses.  

TCMarvin, Tony, anyone,

Can you use it with Nature2 and ozinator?  I guess they refer to MPS as the shock?

I am liking what I am seeing and might have to give this a try.

Jonathan

Bigbender

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2005, 05:32:49 pm »
 Another product that is very similar and a little more mainstream is The Natural.

I called my dealer today and asked what options were available to me from his store. He sells "The Natural" (the product Tony mentioned) and said that a lot of his customers use it. When I asked about Eco One, he told me that both products are enzyme based so the results would be very similar. The price he offered is slightly less than Eco One so I placed an order with him for a three month supply.

When our tub order was placed, the dealer asked me what I would prefer as a sanitizer to go along with the ozinator and my reply was "I guess whatever is cheap and fairly easy to use". Well, right now, I feel a little frustrated that I chose Bromine because of economics.

TCMarvin

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2005, 05:56:50 pm »
bender

How much did you buy The Natural for? It sells online for $30 per bottle which lasts three months or $10 per month

I bottle of Eco One costs $18. and lasts 2 months easily. This comes out to be $9 per month. So they are roughly the same, unless you purchased for less than $30.

The Natural Purge is also $30. Eco One's purge is $18. This only needs to be used when you switch over though.

I think you will be happy with these forms of treatment.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2005, 05:56:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42