What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Impressions on Sundance?  (Read 6521 times)

RVigz

Impressions on Sundance?
« on: January 31, 2005, 04:03:22 pm »
Hey guys.

Just found this forum today and it looks great. You guys really seem knowledable and passionate.

I am in the market for a tub and this will be my first. I like to pride myself in researching just about everything I buy. I have been gathering info on the web for about a week. I live in the Denver area and it looks like there are only a handful of dealers in my area. They are Cal Spas, Sundance and Hot Springs. I have done a preliminary round to these dealers to gather info. I know that a wet test is a must and that is coming next. It seems like some feedback I have gotten from other sites tells me to run not walk away from Cal Spas. That seems accurate just because I felt like I was at a nasty used car dealer when I visited. I did have a good initial experience with both the Sundance dealer and Hot Springs. I have to say that I seemed to be impressed with the Sundance Spas on the initial visit. The Hot Springs did'nt wow me probably because I was expecting more and not as impressed with the Moto massage jets. I ralize I have to wet test.

I guess my question is this. I get the impression that Hot Springs is talked about on here quite a bit. What is the general consensus on Sundance? If anyone can offer pros or cons that would be much appreciated.

Cant wait till I get one and can offer more to the site.

Thanks for your help!

Ross

Hot Tub Forum

Impressions on Sundance?
« on: January 31, 2005, 04:03:22 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Impressions on Sundance?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 04:04:56 pm »
I looked as Sundance 2 years ago and my impression was favorable.  It was in close running till our Dynasty dealer come up with a great price.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 04:13:29 pm »
I own the Optima, for going on 2 years now.  We really enjoy the spa.  It has given us absolutely no service issues to date.  The diverter valves are a bit noisy, but I believe this issue is being addressed with the 2005 models.  If you have any specific questions please ask.  there are several Sundance owners who regularly use this site, so you can get more than just my opinion.

You are wise to test several different brands.
Brewman
Brewman

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 04:20:35 pm »
Another Optima owner here...  We've had ours for about 6 months and love it.  We've had no problems to date and our dealer has been excellent.  We do plan on buying the 2005 diverters for our 2004 model as it sounds like they do make a difference as they are much quieter.  If it is the Optima that you are interested in, then your best bet is to make sure you get a 2005 model.  They have added a waterfall and it looks like they've made some good changes to the jet layout.  Nothing major over the 2004 but enough that I think it would make a difference.

Biggest thing is to wet test.  If Sundance and Hot Spring are your only choices (aside from running away from Cal Spa) then you'll end up with a great spa.  I think both companies are highly respected.  Pick what feels right for you and you'll be good to go.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Wheeler

• Sundance Optima owner
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 04:47:59 pm »
Another Optima owner here.  We've had ours for the past three months or so, and it's been great so far.  I second what bulmer4nc said: you won't go wrong with either a Sundance or a Hot Springs.  Both are premium spas at a fairly premium price, but in this case you truly get what you pay for.  

RVigz

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2005, 04:55:11 pm »
Turns out that I do have a marquis dealer nearby. Any input there?

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2005, 05:24:33 pm »
Another good choice, IMO!  You can't go wrong with any of the aforementioned manufacturers, except the C word!  

What models are you interested in?  The Reward (Marquis) seems to be popular.  The Optima (Sundance) are very popular, but I personally considered the Altamar!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2005, 07:18:27 pm »
Bulmer4nc

Have you verified that the new diverter valves are retrofit ready for the previous years spas?  I asked my dealer last time thru, and he wasn't sure.
And, did you get any cost estimates on the parts?
TIA

Brewman
Brewman

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2005, 08:32:40 pm »
Bulmer4nc

Have you verified that the new diverter valves are retrofit ready for the previous years spas?  I asked my dealer last time thru, and he wasn't sure.
And, did you get any cost estimates on the parts?
TIA

Brewman

I spoke with someone at my dealer today and YES they will fit into previous years.  She couldn't give me a price but she said they were ordering a bunch and that they would be somewhere in the $30 range.  For $60 I say it's money well spent if they make that much difference.  They are supposed to call me when they get some in and I'll go pick them up.  Once I have them and know the actual price I'll post how they install and what kind of difference they make.

Ken
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2005, 08:34:52 am »
Thanks, I would be very interested in your report.
As would many other Sundance owners, I'd bet.
Brewman
Brewman

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2005, 12:47:08 pm »
I also would be interested in your report.

Another satisfied Sundance owner (2.5 years).  Sundance and HotSprings were my two top choices (from the same dealer).

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2005, 01:53:14 pm »
Having been a Sundance Spa dealer since 1983, I believe it is still one of the best spas in this industry. I also have some experience with Marquis. Marquis is a very good quality spa with less features than a Sundance. The Reward spa is a good looking spa with more features than most. The hand held remote really gets my interest, I like the fact that while soaking in the spa, I can grab the floating remote and turn on other aspoects of the spa.
In summary, with over 8000 Sundance Spas in the field, I am confident in the quality of the product. The Marquis line of spas is also a quality brand. The Hot Spring line is too, but has alot of marketing behind it to bring it to the forefront of the industry.
Whichever you choose of the three, I think you will be fine with.

Good luck in your search for the right Euphoria... ;)

Hottubber ;D

PS. I currently own an Optima, it is a dream...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 01:54:14 pm by hottubber »

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2005, 02:29:04 pm »
I think everyone (at least Sundance owners) agrees that Sundance makes a good product.  The only problem is that they are way over priced!  Big names equal big prices!  Sundance and HS have a brand image they have built up and it aint cheap!

Oh well!  Sorry for the rant!

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2005, 02:38:12 pm »
I guess we have to go with, "you get what you pay for", AGAIN.

We all know what the top brands are. I will not allow this to turn into a pissing match.

For me, it is not worth it.

Good luck to whomever needs it...

This, again, is just my point of view. :P

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2005, 02:54:30 pm »
D/C

So the reason you came back was to start out trolling again?  

Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2005, 02:54:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42