What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: bad................water  color  (Read 1967 times)

kztahoe

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
bad................water  color
« on: February 02, 2005, 07:52:17 pm »
CHAOS  after first water change. Been about a week and a half since the change and what do ya know, goldie/brownish water. Yes we have well water but did the proper treatment and crap the water looks awful. Did testing, had it tested and those are good. It happened last time just like this but some claifier cleared it up. I am now doing lots of filtering and added a tidge more metal gone stuff to the water. I already did some clarifier but it only helped a bit. Any ideas out there???? I have a Marquius euphoria with spa frog system/ozonator. How long do i give it and what can i do next, i am a little impatient!!!!! Is it okay to get in even though it looks like crap???? PleezzzzzzzzzzzzHELP, ya'll have been awesome. thanx

kay

Hot Tub Forum

bad................water  color
« on: February 02, 2005, 07:52:17 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: bad................water  color
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 08:24:04 pm »
kz,
Did you remove your cartridges while the spa was heating? I would suggest hitting the spa with a good chlorine shock leaving the cover open for at least 2 hours to let the spa breath and then wait a day....It should clear up.

kztahoe

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 08:46:55 pm »
yes, i did have the frog system cart. out while it was heating up. How much is a good shock, I usually do I think a 2 oz shock. I also took the cart. out right now while I am trying to clear up the water, readings are still okay as of right now. the bromine was a bit high but it should go down soon. Thanks for the help. kay

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 08:46:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42