What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: my hot tub saga!!  (Read 3523 times)

boxer95

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
my hot tub saga!!
« on: January 28, 2005, 10:45:11 am »
Hey guys, I hope your all doing well. you might remember that I bought the Caldera martinique, and it came on wednesday. turns out the crane company could not get it through my screened in porch, the over hang was to tall...

even after them coming out to tell me they could do it before hand, they obviously couldn't. so they than tried to get it through my front door, that would work, but my sliding glass door was in inch to short so it couldn't be done unless I had the entire door taken off this door leads to my porch. the hot tub people tried to encourage me to get a smaller tub so I  I did. I ended up getting the Hot springs prodiogy. my husband would not go wet test it with me, he left it up to me to decide.  and I liked it, it was fine for me...so it came last night, and he hates it... he is soooo disatisfied with it. for one thing he thinks the tub is to shallow he's a big guy, the jets are not  suffiecient  enough in fact he feels they adon't offer a nice massage...and he doesn't stay seated in any of the 5 seats, he can't position his body to be comfortable, he did test the martinque and he loved it . he is very disatisfied with this hot tub.

I called the hot tub dealer and we are going to get our martinique as originally planned we will have to have our entire door removed and we will make sure that can be done before we bring it back here. the martinque was only 500.00 more than the prodiogy so its a much better deal...  for a much nicer tub, in our opinion...I feel so bad about this entire chain of events, I feel awful for the hot springs dealera nd they have been VERY nice to me and accomadating..we are also out 235.00 for the crane company. we have ot pay them regardless of them not being able to get the tub through the porch.. anyhow any thoughts?

Lisa

Hot Tub Forum

my hot tub saga!!
« on: January 28, 2005, 10:45:11 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: my hot tub saga!!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 11:15:37 am »
Finally a crane story worse that Lori's.  I'm sure she will be along to comiserate with you!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 11:16:01 am »
Removing the door is usually not such a big deal. Most sliders are reversable and taking out the non-sliding side is a quick job for somebody who has done it once. My delivery crew can a has done it many times to get through: yes a standard door has about 6'8" clear while a typical glass slider has about 6'6" or so.

If the crane company came out in advance and said it could be done, but then was uable to do it - I think some form of refund might be in order. Perhaps a partial refund? If, on the other hand, they were not informed of the correct size or location on thier pre-site visit....

I think the Prodigy is a good tub, but it is in our "Small" category - if you hubby wants a bigger tub, go for it.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 11:53:38 am »
Oh, I would have killed someone if the crane wasn't able to get my tub over my house!   >:(

Of course, I had a number of companies come out and give me estimates, which were all horribly expensive!  Except for the rude man, who ended up doing it, and doing a great job, I might add!  I didn't check the clearance on the sides of my house, which were to short to pass, then I was going to go through a neighbor's yard (she is so great) but the clearance on her house was too short!  We couldn't get it through my house because of the door clearance (front, not sliding).  That is why I went with the crane!

I'm so sorry to hear about your difficulties!  My hubby wouldn't wet test with me at all.  I'm sure if you explain it to your HotSpring dealer, they will understand.  I would maybe pop in a few times and buy chems or something from them, since they seem to have been so great to you!

Otherwise, I'm with Chas, if you want a bigger tub, go for it!  (As long as the door issue is resolved!)

Good luck!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 12:47:29 pm »
Our crane delivery when smooth as silk. On time and accurate. Sorry to hear about your challenge with that. But I think that if they (whoever that is) came before hand and said that it could be done then that is the responsibility of that person or organisation.  Your dealer did right by you so perhaps letting it go somewhat but still you were assured that it could be done before the tub got there.

My hubby wouldn't wet test with me at all.  I'm sure if you explain it to your HotSpring dealer, they will understand.

I'm thinking of setting up a new business. Rent-a-hubby for wet testing with ladies when their own won't show up for a wet test!  ;D ;D

Think there's money in that?  8)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 12:48:13 pm by doodoo »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 01:30:12 pm »
I'm thinking of setting up a new business. Rent-a-hubby for wet testing with ladies when their own won't show up for a wet test!  ;D ;D

Think there's money in that?  8)

How much are you paying for this job?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 02:03:48 pm »
How much are you paying for this job?

Paying? I was thinking of charging, for my service!  :D :D :D :D :D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 02:04:12 pm by doodoo »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 04:29:15 pm »
Sorry for the chit chat...but...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

riddler

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2005, 05:37:31 pm »
Cant blame you for wanting the Martinique , it is about the same size as Prodigy , except for the extra depth. I was also torn between the two that you looked at. I ended up doing some remodeling on my screened in back porch just so I could fit the Martinique into my room.  The extra depth and the foot jets made it worth the remodel. Believe it or not , the spa company that installed my tub squeezed it through a door that was about 36 inches wide.. I also had them meausure before I purchased it, and they seemed to have no concerns about getting it in. Just be patient , I would suggest making the proper adjustments  to get your Martinique in your room.  You will be more than glad you did . Good Luck !!

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2005, 06:47:49 pm »
boxer95,

If I understand you correctly, the dealer from Caldera came out, did a site inspection, measured everything and said that you could get the Matinique in the spot that you wanted.  Came out, wouldn't go and now you have to do more (remove door).  Ask the dealer to pay for the first crane job since it was the dealers mistake.

good luck

boxer95

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2005, 08:37:13 am »
the spa dealer did not come out, the crane company DID. and they said they could do it. the problem is, no one measured for anything but the deck. my hubby did not mention the size of the tub to the crane operator. he just asked if they could get a tub through there and they said " yes" when it came down to it, it could not be done. right now I have a hot tub I don't like on my deck, and I owe the crane company 235.00 PLUS I paid HS 6,100.00... I am so bummed. I am hopign to get someone to move this door off so I can get a tub that is dencent. I am not satisfied at all with what I have. its a drag!!! but it will be okay, once I get the Caldera Martinque.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2005, 08:37:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42