What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Opinion of Coast  (Read 2596 times)

FF5044

Opinion of Coast
« on: January 28, 2005, 10:54:50 am »
I am seriously looking at purchasing a Coast tub.  I saw a few opinions of them, but nothing recent.  Any opinions or info to offer about them?  Thanks for the help.

Hot Tub Forum

Opinion of Coast
« on: January 28, 2005, 10:54:50 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Opinion of Coast
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 11:13:12 am »
They use many of the same parts as many other tubs. Many of the negative opinion here may come from their company history.  I have no experience with thier customer support, but the tubs themselves (outside of a couple of really wierd models seem ok.

Some of their spas seem heavy on the bells and whistles. If you can get a good deal on a spa you like, check out the reputation of the dealer.

I post this pic a lot, it still amazes me and I wonder if I will ever find anyone who owns it. I don't know anyone looking for a 4 person tub that takes up the space of a 6 person tub.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 01:48:42 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Yorag

• Big Cal Spas Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 11:29:04 am »
Coast was founded by a former Cal Spas exec. who apparently was not supposed to enter into competition in the spa market after leaving Cal. To avoid any legal ramifications, my understanding is that he started the business in Canada.
The dealer who I purchased my Cal Spa from is now selling Coast. Quite honestly I don't see a big difference between a Cal and a Coast. They are very similar in construction.
There is a Coast dealer very close to my office and everytime I drive by, it's either closed or there are no customers.
As with most tubs, the spa is only as good as the dealer who will stand behind it. I have heard similar issues with Coast as with Cal Spas with respect to obtaining warranty service. So, my advice is to proceed with extreme caution and make sure you clearly undrestand the terms of any warranties offered.

nicker

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 01:11:04 pm »
Check, check and receck the warranty information and the fine print.  Also get a feel for what the dealer is like and ask for some customer references.  If the dealer is hesitant about giving that information thats a sign to stay clear.    Or hang out by the strore and when customers come in ask them what they think about their tub and the dealer.  If there are no customers that is another sign to stay clear.    I presonnely to not like manufacturers that put all the extra CRAP on a tub.  Stereos, tvs..... come on now.  They charge a rediculous price for a tub with that stuff and the stuff is crap and is only warrantied for a year tops.   I buy a tub to relax in not to listen to music and watch tv.  To me they add that crap to take away from the poor quality of the tub it self.

Research and wet test....thats the ticket.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 01:47:49 pm »
.    I presonnely to not like manufacturers that put all the extra CRAP on a tub.  Stereos, tvs..... come on now.  

I agree on the extra crap, but I'm not going to condem a manufacturer for offering it as long as they have other good models without it.    I personally roll my eyes at these twenty somethings spending 30K supping up a Honda Accord, including a wing that looks like it was made in their Metal Shop Class., However if I owned an auto parts store I would jack up the price and reduce the warranty on that stuff.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 01:55:12 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 06:52:37 pm »
Nicker is right on.  When you read the warranty, the only conclusion is that a large team of attorneys wrote it with one thing in mind, protect Coast at any cost and /////// the customer.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 06:52:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42