What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: foundation question  (Read 2346 times)

smartymose

• Finally got our Grandee!
foundation question
« on: January 29, 2005, 10:41:51 am »
Hello Everyone,

I recently found this forum and I am very excited about it.  We are in the quest for a hot tub and have visited a couple of dealers so far and are in the throws of extensive research...just beginning though.  I read the Q&A recently on the purchasing of a new hottub and have found that VERY useful...Thanks!

My question is regarding the outdoor foundation.What is used most often, what are the pros/cons of concrete, pavers, bed of stones?  How does this impact the warranty?  

Also, a little off subject, but what is the opinion of VITA spas..I didn't really see this mentioned.

And one more, sorry, what is the pro and con of the Ozonator?

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

smartymose

Hot Tub Forum

foundation question
« on: January 29, 2005, 10:41:51 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: foundation question
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 12:12:08 pm »
I recently found this forum and I am very excited about it.
Welcome! I'm a HotSpring dealer, so I have a certain bias. But generally folks here tend to try to answer questions with good balance, so ask away!
My question is regarding the outdoor foundation.What is used most often, what are the pros/cons of concrete, pavers, bed of stones?  How does this impact the warranty?  
I try to suggest a slab whenever possible - it simply is the option with the least chance of sinking, sagging or other problems. Some people think of a slab as a really big project which can stall the purchase of a tub for years.... but in reality, if you call a bunch of folks for bids, you may very well end up paying just a few hundred dollars. Also: remember that for another few hundred dollars, you can have the slab removed and carted away. So if you are moving or want the option of taking the tub with you, consider that. Or, if you want the option of taking the tub with you to another place, plan the slab so it will be a nice adition to the yard once the tub is gone.
And one more, sorry, what is the pro and con of the Ozonator?
An ozone system will reduce the amount of chlorine you have to use. On a HotSpring or Tiger River, the 'Freshwater III' system allows you to soak chlorine free. You add MPS for each use (some folks get by nicely with a once-per-week shock instead) and you add chlorine once a month or after a group uses the tub.
Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

smartymose

As they should be: they are priceless. You'll find I'm one of the most humble posters here....
;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: foundation question
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 12:12:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42