What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: IMPERIAL WINCHESTER SPA BY JACUZZI SOLD AT COSTCO?  (Read 9856 times)

BIG_PAPA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
IMPERIAL WINCHESTER SPA BY JACUZZI SOLD AT COSTCO?
« on: January 27, 2005, 04:54:21 pm »
Can any body please give me some input on this spa.1 year warranty on pumps and heater.Is this a real low end spa that jacuzzi makes.how does warranty issues usually work with costco.Any input would be appreciated

Hot Tub Forum

IMPERIAL WINCHESTER SPA BY JACUZZI SOLD AT COSTCO?
« on: January 27, 2005, 04:54:21 pm »

rocket

• Life is good!
Re: IMPERIAL WINCHESTER SPA BY JACUZZI SOLD AT COS
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 06:35:35 pm »
You get what you pay for is a good response.  This is a low end built spa with many corners cut for the sake of meeting a low price. example. cheaper components w/ a 1 yr. warranty.  They usually have an independent technician to perform the warranty work.  There are some good independents in every market but the problem is this:  If Jacuzzi pays them approximately $35-$40 to perform warranty work and they can get $80 p/hr. for non-warranty work, then where is their priority?  Your problems get put on the back burner.  They have bills to pay and families to feed.

Hope that this helps?

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 07:58:27 pm »
Do you really want to buy a spa that you won't know how well it fits you until it's in your yard, wired up, and ready to go?  What if you don't like it?

Also, you may save up front, and pay for ever, if this tub skimps on the insulation.  They have to cut corners somewhere to get the price down.  
Brewman
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 07:59:19 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
Re: IMPERIAL WINCHESTER SPA BY JACUZZI SOLD AT CO
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 01:33:30 am »
Jacuzzi bought out Gatsby Spa's and added ISO9001 processes to their plant so in that sense this tub is one step above the "no-name" stuff sold by the Home Depot and Lowes stores but as far as warranty I believe it only carries a one year warranty. As far as insulation... Nothing like the Jacuzzi premiums (and therefore significantly more expensive to operate). No local dealership service representation but rather "bob the spa guy" service. Some "bob's" are great, some are VERY poor. Your rolling the dice if you need service. Having said all of this, Costco normally will take back ANYTHING up to one year with no questions asked. Use it for 11 months and then drive it back to Costco. Drop it on thier doorstep and get a 100% refund (I think) if you don't like it...
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: IMPERIAL WINCHESTER SPA BY JACUZZI SOLD AT CO
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 01:41:36 am »
Costco normally will take back ANYTHING up to one year with no questions asked. Use it for 11 months and then drive it back to Costco. Drop it on thier doorstep and get a 100% refund (I think) if you don't like it...

I like Costco....but I have not found them always be so totally receptive to things that have real problems.. it might be a club to club thing and just who you happen to be dealing with....but they do not always welcome everything back with open arms....
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 04:38:12 am by Mendocino101 »

nicker

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 01:17:50 pm »
I would stay clear.  Not to bash the Costco store or big box stores that sell tubs. But it comes down to customer support/warranty and you just aint going to get that from buying  a tub from a place like that.   Some people say its ok to buy from there becuase of budget constraints.  Well I firmly beleive if that is the case then save more $$$ so you can increase your budget.  Also you may save upfront in your tub purchase by buying from a big box store but trust me...YOU WILL pay down the road, repairs, support, operating costs.  

Also if you are still in doubt go and ask them what happens with warranty.  And just like Brewman says, where's the wet test ?  By the time you get that its too late.

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 01:23:56 pm »
Pretty much every member of this forum subscribes strictly to the dealer model of hot tub ownership, so unfortunately it is very unlikely that you will get any responses of experience with a Costco tub and in many cases they are simply put down.

Curious BIG_PAPA, since you enjoy your spa (Marquis Euphoria wasn't it?) why are you interested in info about Costco tubs?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 01:32:53 pm by empolgation »
e

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 01:23:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42