What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Changing water, N2 question  (Read 3034 times)

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
Changing water, N2 question
« on: January 26, 2005, 08:29:42 pm »
I am changing my water this weekend in preparation for adding Eco-One to my spa.  I was wondering if I have to change my 6 week old Nature 2 cartridge.  My dealer made it sound like I should change it at every water change.

Not sure what to do.

Jonathan

Hot Tub Forum

Changing water, N2 question
« on: January 26, 2005, 08:29:42 pm »

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
Re: Changing water, N2 question
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 09:09:03 pm »
I think silver ion cartridges are good for four months.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 12:55:48 am »
 My dealer made it sound like I should change it at every water change.

That's probably because he also told you to change the water every 3-4 months as that's also how long the N2 cartridge lasts so he wanted you to do both simultaneously. In reality, sometimes you go past 4 months with the water change and sometimes you end up going much less for whatever reason, as in your case. If you look at the material inside you'll see that the silver is pretty much gone by 4 months. If you drain at 6 weeks simply set it aside and put it back in when you refill but then you'll need to remember that it only has about 2 motnhs left to it in that case.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 11:21:50 am »
I think my dealer is either misinformed or just trying to sell me more N2 carts.  Back in November, I was in his store and I told him I was changing my water after 6 weeks and he told me that I would need to change out the N2 cart.  It didn't seem right but I followed his instructions.  I wonder if taking it out of the water has anything to do with his thinking.  

Doesn't sound right to me, that is why I am asking.

Maybe I should keep is submerged in the old spa water until the new water is is in the spa and I will just transfer it over without letting it dry out?

Jonathan

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 11:44:27 am »
I think my dealer is either misinformed or just trying to sell me more N2 carts.  Back in November, I was in his store and I told him I was changing my water after 6 weeks and he told me that I would need to change out the N2 cart.  It didn't seem right but I followed his instructions.  I wonder if taking it out of the water has anything to do with his thinking.  

Doesn't sound right to me, that is why I am asking.

Maybe I should keep is submerged in the old spa water until the new water is is in the spa and I will just transfer it over without letting it dry out?

Jonathan

I do think the manufacturer states you need to change it with every change period (as your dealer said), but if you are quickly refilling then your method should be perfectly fine.

Neptuner

• My only tub foam
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 03:40:02 pm »
I use N2 plus 1/3 recommended dosage of Eco One, plus one t-spune dichlor per week, and shock with MPS once per month. I change water and N2 cartridge every 6 months.

This works for us, but I have noted on this message board that there seem to be several methods that work for good water care.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 04:36:41 pm »
I change water and N2 cartridge every 6 months.

Take a lok at it at 4 months and you'll see the silver is basically gone and all you'll have are the white beads left. I think you'll find 6 months is too long to wait to change it.

Neptuner

• My only tub foam
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 11:51:24 am »
I stand corrected. I had looked at it at 4 months and the beads looked ok, but just now at 5 months they are mostly white. So, I have to agree it's best to replace the N2 cartridge at 4 months. Thanks, ST.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 11:51:24 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42