What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Coleman Spas  (Read 3132 times)

Chris_H

Coleman Spas
« on: January 24, 2005, 11:03:10 am »
Hello All,

I was talking with a former Coleman dealer today in Atlantic City.  He said he is dropping them because of issues with warranty and service related issues.  He said he replaced over 50% of their light lenses this year.  What is the story with these guys?  Are their really issues with their product or service?

He is also a Hotspring dealer so I don’t think you have to ask who dropped who.

Chris H

Hot Tub Forum

Coleman Spas
« on: January 24, 2005, 11:03:10 am »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Coleman Spas
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 11:16:48 am »
SpaHappy has been a Coleman dealer longer than I or wetone.

Having picked up Coleman only this year, my observations would be completely opposite from this gentleman you speak of.

Coleman has had the lowest service call/tub ratio of any I have sold. The only light issue we have had was a faulty LED from the factory.

HTM
Homeworks Financing Representative

wetone

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 11:59:56 am »
We have had Zero issues with the light lenses.
Only been selling Coleman for about 6 months, but have to say that our experiance has been good with them. Just like HTM sez.

We also sell D1 and Artesian, Colemans 400 & 700 series tubs quality is right up there with the other brands we sell.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 12:17:35 pm »
Well well Chris H, Let me get this straight.... You talked to a Former Coleman dealer who for some reason was disgrunteled and you took what he told you to be true enough to post as a round about, chicken shit slam at Coleman on this forum.

What happened Chris, did you lose a sale to a Coleman before you left. You seem to be the type of dealer that  customers complain about. You know the type, the ones who try to trash other brands and instill fear in peoples minds. Is this what they teach you at your dealer meetings at Atantic City?

Just for the record from an actual veteran Coleman dealer....Coleman is not having above norman issues with light lenses. I've been selling Coleman for over 10 years now and I have hundreds of happy Coleman customers. I've upgraded repeat Coleman customers into newer Colemans over the years, and since we also sell the Jacuzzi premium line, and have a Hotsprings and Sundance dealer in the area it's not like they didn't have choices. I'm sure you'll agree if they experienced above norman issues with thier Colemans they would have picked a different brand the second time around.

Go back to your dealer meetings and learn how to sell your brand of spa based on it's merits and strong points and not some second hand hearsay. Your class meter just hit the dirt with me.... >:(

Spahappy :D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 12:30:15 pm by spahappy »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 01:03:44 pm »
Perhaps the post was ill-advised being that it was posted as hearsay, I would hope it wasn't meant to start disparaging Coleman, His previous posts show no sign of that.

The closest Coleman dealer to me is 90 miles in West Virginia, so I have yet to actually see one.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 01:07:50 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chris_H

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 01:23:02 pm »
Spahappy,

I actually talked to a friend of over 10 years that has been selling Coleman since he started his business.  Now he just happens to be a former Coleman dealer due to the reasons stated in my first post.  I respect his opinion and yes it is the opinion of just one person.

In no way did I bash Coleman.  I asked about their product, if you took it as me bashing Coleman so be it.  It was a comment made to me and I was intrigued.  I wasn’t posting something incorrect I was posting someone’s experience and I wanted your opinions on that experience.  

As all of the dealers here know, dropping a spa line is not something that is taken lightly.  My friend did not take it lightly.

“What happened Chris, did you lose a sale to a Coleman before you left.”  
That was the funniest thing I read today besides all of the analysts picking the Eagles to lose the Super Bowl.  I am still on the floor laughing at that one.

“Is this what they teach you at your dealer meetings at Atanta?”
Where is Atanta?  Is that a city or did you mean Atlanta or Atlantic City?  Either way, I have no idea what you are talking about.  
I didn’t go to any dealer meetings today, I had breakfast with a friend.

Chris

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2005, 01:51:42 pm »
Chris H.

I've been re-reading some of your posts. And based on your posting style in the past, I should have just ignored you. ;D

Spahappy :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2005, 01:51:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42