What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: jacuzzi jets?????? falling out  (Read 7145 times)

sippy

jacuzzi jets?????? falling out
« on: January 12, 2005, 03:41:02 pm »
 ??? hi i am sooo glad you guys are here!! anyway last year my wife and i bought a jacuzzi model 380 premium hot tub and since three of the big jets have fallen out with the little white tabs breaking on them !!! they come and replace them under warranty but will this be an ongiong problem and also can i get a different replacement jet that wont break ??? thnanks guys lemme know

Hot Tub Forum

jacuzzi jets?????? falling out
« on: January 12, 2005, 03:41:02 pm »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re: jacuzzi jets?????? falling out
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 11:37:17 am »
This was a problem with last years jet bodies. Jacuzzi's instructions to the dealers was/is to order enough jets for the spa to replace all the power pro jets (these are the only jets having this problem) in the unit. Replace the one or two that have come out, show the customer how to do so and leaving the remainder with the customer to be replaced as needed. The plastic they used was not very tollerant of heat and chemicals. The replacement jets you can tell just by looking at them they are built a little more stout.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

sippy

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 05:44:27 pm »
Thanks - it does seem to be the same body jets that keep breaking !! i will call dealer tomorrow and ask them to keep a couple on hand for me - oh yea one more thing another one just popped out - this is soooo frustrating

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 02:14:52 pm »
Evem when you get those replacement jets, dont expect them to last forever. 5 years is a long life for todays "ratchet" style jet inserts.

Water chemistry will make the difference between a jet lasting 2 years and 5 years.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Roborph

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 11:17:31 pm »
 Yep,
I just replaced my first jet (20 days out of the 1 year warranty). The new jet is said to be made of heartier plastic. I'm having problems with the small jets in the therapy seat, they won't spin.
Can these be removed and then replaced? I think I just need to clean some sand out of them.  Thanks for your help.......

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2005, 08:38:07 pm »
sippy...
Welcome aboard. You will find that these jets will continue to fall out periodically. You should let the dealer know that this continuing problem should be covered under the specified warranty of Jacuzzi. Each time one of the jets comes out, they should give you a new one. Be smart, they will only give you up to the one year warranty, call Jacuzzi direct, see if they can assist in this dilemma. ;)

PS... You should buy a few to have on hand just incase this happens when you are entertaining.

sippy

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2005, 10:21:16 pm »
thanks guys and also glad to be here !! i have since called jacuzzi and they tell me that they are on a seven year warranty is this true??? and also i am using bromine and shock should i switch to nature2 ?? or maybe somehting else??? would this help ? i have noticed some of the plastic falling apart on the jets that fell out??? and thanks again

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 12:21:02 pm »
I believe I addressed this issue in my original post. There would be NO need to buy additional jets, as Jacuzzi Premium has instructed their servicing dealers and service centers that when one of them falls out order enough to replace them all in the spa, educate the customer as to how to replace the jets and leave them with the customer to replace the other jets if and when needed. Yes it was the plastic that was the problem. Jacuzzi will only pay the service center once per spa to go out and replace these particular jets, so if your dealer wants to eat the travel and labor time doing it one jet at a time, I say knock yer self out.

thanks guys and also glad to be here !! i have since called jacuzzi and they tell me that they are on a seven year warranty is this true??? and also i am using bromine and shock should i switch to nature2 ?? or maybe somehting else??? would this help ? i have noticed some of the plastic falling apart on the jets that fell out??? and thanks again

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

michaeisea

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2005, 03:02:19 pm »
I had this problem as well, and the jets that were replaced are doing fine. Jacuzzi replaced them at no cost - first time a service rep did it - second time I did it. Six months later, no problems.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2005, 03:02:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42