What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Review of our New Caldera  (Read 2850 times)

TC

Review of our New Caldera
« on: January 14, 2005, 08:01:45 pm »
We just got our new Caldera Elation hot tub.  We purchased it from the local Watson's dealer.  So far Watson's have delivered everything but a railing they promised.  The subcontracters who delivered the tub were just excellent - they were here at the time they said they would be and the electricians worked us in on a day they were completely booked.  It took the tub about eight hours to come to our desired temperature (102)  and seems to hold the temperature well.  The Elation is very big and roomy.  The jets are a little awkward as the controls are sometimes out of reach so you have to move to get the right jet propulsion.   I stayed in the tub for a long time......I wish I would have gotten one a long time ago.  I'll continue to update you on my experience as I hope it will help someone going through the purchasing process.  One other thing.  Some of the tubs we looked at had alot of jets and our Elation didn't have as many.  I thought that was going to be a disadvantage but after tonight I'm glad we didn't have alot of jets.  I guess its what each person likes but too many jets would have made things alittle too much for me.  Unless something unusual happens, I'll give a three month update.  Hopefully we'll like it even more.  

TC

Hot Tub Forum

Review of our New Caldera
« on: January 14, 2005, 08:01:45 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Review of our New Caldera
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 08:38:26 pm »
Congatulations....good to hear that you are happy and that things went so well... enjoy the spa

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 01:00:48 am »
Some of the tubs we looked at had alot of jets and our Elation didn't have as many.  I thought that was going to be a disadvantage but after tonight I'm glad we didn't have alot of jets.  I guess its what each person likes but too many jets would have made things alittle too much for me.  Unless something unusual happens, I'll give a three month update.  Hopefully we'll like it even more.  

TC

Sometimes spas have a lot of jets just so the salesman can impress you by telling you they have 900 jets. Its not how many jets you have, its how well the spa is designed and how well the jets work for you.

Its like my marriage. My wife could have married someone who had much more money than myself but she decided to concentrate on looks and personality. ;D
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2005, 09:38:30 am »
TC... Congrats on your new purchase. You are right, you should have done this a long time ago. Caldera is one of many respected brands in the industry. Welcome to the hot tub club. I f there is anything that anyone can help you with along the way, just post it. Good Luck and enjoy ;)

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2005, 09:29:17 pm »
Now you know what me mean by "Welcome to SpaTopia!"
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

flajoker

• Hot Springs...Envoy
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 01:25:21 am »
Congrats, and I hope you enjoy the tub and forum as I do. I'm a newbie myself and have learned much in the short time I have posted here

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 08:08:44 am »
TC,
Congrats!  May the goddess of Spatopia bless you with crystal water....... :)
If you haven't already, please write a review for the "Reviews" section of this site.....I'm sure others who are considering an Elation purchase would appreciate the input there.
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 08:08:44 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42