What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sale on a Coleman Spa  (Read 6039 times)

yukoyd

Sale on a Coleman Spa
« on: January 15, 2005, 06:22:17 pm »
The closest dealer from my house carries Coleman Spas and is having an inventory sale, specifically he is offering the Model C 461 (floor model) for $5,600. He says that the newer models will be coming in next week and then the above mentioned model will become $6,300. We took a wet test today and thought the jets were pretty good. I just wanted to see if I can get some opinions on this deal from those of you in the business.

Although we were originally hoping to get a 1-2 person hot tub for $4,000 or so, the dealerships carrying brands suggested by others (Marquis, HotSpring, etc.) are a bit further out. There is one other dealer that is close by and they carry Sundance...

Hot Tub Forum

Sale on a Coleman Spa
« on: January 15, 2005, 06:22:17 pm »

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
Re: Sale on a Coleman Spa
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 09:34:19 pm »
Well the 2005 Coleman spas did have a price increase so your dealer is not lying about a price increase. This was due to higher manufacturing costs like steel and acrylic.

There are so many factors that affect what a dealer charges for a spa. Everything from geographic location to the amount of spas they sell, and 100 other reasons based on 1000 other factors.

The reason I'm telling you this is so you don't think that everyone in every part of the country gets the same deal from every Coleman dealer.

That being said, we retailed the C461-Deluxe spa with oxone for 6399.00. Of course thats retail, but we're not one of those dealer's that over inflate prices to make it seem like we gave you more of a discount in the end.

I'm thinking the price you were quoted included an additional 2004 closeout discount. In other words... Thats a good price for that spa.

Keep in mind, you'll have to pay more the the 2005 model.

I hope this helps you, if you have any questions please feel free to ask me or PM me.

We've been in out 2004 closeout sale for a few weeks now and still have three 461's left. We've sold 3 and they're  a good seller for us.

Spahappy :D

boxer95

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 08:53:20 am »
I just wet tested the coleman 461 and really liked it, but it was priced at 7,000.00!!!! so I did not buy it.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 11:04:37 am »
I just wet tested the coleman 461 and really liked it, but it was priced at 7,000.00!!!! so I did not buy it.

$US? That is high.
Homeworks Financing Representative

yukoyd

Coleman, Everyday or Tiger River?
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2005, 10:57:54 pm »
Thank you for the input, everyone. I was glad to find out that $5,600 is not an outrageous deal for a Coleman C461.

Today I packed my husband and kid in our SUV and drived quite a few miles out to checkout the HotSpring and Marquis dealerships. Because they are both far out, I had reservations on whether or not I could expect good service...

So after extensive discussions with the dealers, here are the choices I am trying to decide between:

(Coleman Dealership)
Looked at: Coleman C461
Clear-out sale, floor model
Not including cover
$5,600
Comments: Took a wet test, liked how it felt. The dealer also does decks and has an in-house electrician and has offered to build us a nice little deck space and hook up the tub for an all-inclusive price of $7,500.

(At the Marquis Dealership)
Looked at: Everyday 415
Clear-out sale, floor model
With EasyCare option, Sound system, cover with lift
$4,699
Comments: This dealer is in the middle of nowhere and although I loved how the model feels am worried whether we can expect good service in the future.

(At the HotSpring Dealership)
Looked at: Tiger River Spa Sumatran
Clear out sale, return model
$5,200
Comment: Very impressed with dealer & dealership. I did not like the fact that all three seats are at an equal level (close to the bottom of the floor).

Everything said, we are leaning towards the Everyday 415 but would love to get more input from people.

boxer95

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 07:20:21 am »
I had a coleman tub for years. the company was very good at supporting our needs, and we had lots of problems in the beginning, the dealership we chose was great. I would go with soemone that is close to your home, that is key. if the tub needs service and your an hour or more out, it might take a lot longer to get service and you will be without your hot tub. I really liked the coleman 461 but it was priced to high in my area. its got a killer lounger and nice jets!

good luck, Lisa

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 07:20:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42