What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: do you guys know anything about solar systems?  (Read 2204 times)

boxer95

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
do you guys know anything about solar systems?
« on: January 16, 2005, 09:05:06 am »
I have noticed that a lot of people  here are hot tub company owners . we just bought a house and it has a vinyl liner swimming pool. we want to put solar panels on it and the only game in town is one that sells a system called FAFCO. does anyone know if this is a good product? I would really like my swimming pool warm, it doesn't even have a heater right now and I live in a colder climate and would like to use it a lot in the summer time I have never had a pool before and am really excited about it.

any   info on solar panels is appreciated!

Hot Tub Forum

do you guys know anything about solar systems?
« on: January 16, 2005, 09:05:06 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: do you guys know anything about solar systems?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 11:30:02 am »
Go on-line to "in the swim" or "poolproducts" - they sell solar products.

A neighbor of mine has a solar panel on their AG pool. Also, I hear that solar covers really do a great job with raising the water temp and keeping the temp.

Depending on the amount of sunlight and the color of the pool - temps can get high. I have a 24' round AG pool and it gets sunlight for about 7-8 hours a day and it got to about 85 F for most of the summer - it has approached 92-93 F during hot summers (I have it 4 years now). I don't have my pool covered at all and the liner isn't that dark.

Don't know how high you want it but to most people I've talked to 85 is warm (not to me when the pool gets into the shade and the breeze blows) now with that said - 85 water in the sun is fantastic. I would think that a heater is the only way to go to get the water warm whenever you want it warm.

I'll try to answer any other questions if you have any!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: do you guys know anything about solar systems?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 11:30:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42