What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question about circ pumps  (Read 14406 times)

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
Re: Question about circ pumps
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2005, 01:11:32 pm »
Interesting... without an extended mixing chamber there is, arguably, little to zero effectiveness in an ozone system, aside from all the detriments that have been pointed out; I had assumed that every ozone system included a sufficient chamber - my bad.  Thanks!
e

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2005, 01:11:32 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2005, 01:25:56 pm »

aside from all the detriments that have been pointed out; I had assumed that every ozone system included a sufficient chamber - my bad.  Thanks!

Not all. Dimension 1 makes it standard. Artesian and Arctic make it an upgradable option. I do not think my list is complete, please add to it if you can.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 01:31:51 pm by HotTubMan »
Homeworks Financing Representative

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2005, 01:28:24 pm »
Interesting... without an extended mixing chamber there is, arguably, little to zero effectiveness in an ozone system, aside from all the detriments that have been pointed out; I had assumed that every ozone system included a sufficient chamber - my bad.  Thanks!

Hey Hey....slow down....what makes you think common  sense and  adding only things that actually work and or provide a real benefit would apply..... ;).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 01:29:00 pm by Mendocino101 »

Cgar

• Havanas and hot tubs... a match made in heaven.
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2005, 01:33:02 pm »
I do believe that HotSprings offers the little, to no off-gassing feature as well.

As for ozone systems without mixing chambers... they definitely do exist.  In fact, with some manufacturers, the ozone generator will actually shut off when the jet pump is turned on (in order to avoid inhalation of the gas while in the tub).  Unfortunately this doesn't save the pillows or the underside of the cover.  In this approach the ozone gas is injected fairly close to the water's re-entry into the spa.  This is evidenced by the strong ozone smell above the surface of the water.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2005, 01:38:27 pm »
Sundances ozone by passes when the jet pumps are on high speed, according to my local dealer.

Beachcombers bypass unless there is a circ pump installed.

Colemans bypass.

I am sure this list would be longer than the list of spas that do ozonate while the jet pumps are on high.

It is UL and ETL that advise the spa manufacturer whether or not their ozone system should bypass with the jet pumps on high.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2005, 01:45:11 pm »
HTM,
By bypass, I assume you mean the controller shuts off the ozonator when a therapy jet is activated.  If so, the Balboa controller on my LSX does the same and will not re-energize the ozonator until 1 hr. has passed after the last therapy motor shuts down.  I'm not sure if this applies for the 2 cycles when the controller brings therapy motors online for additional filtering/purging. 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2005, 02:00:56 pm »
WSD;

Your ozone is most likely working during the filter cycle. Some ozone systems dont have adequate plumbing/chambers to accomadate safe ozone injection while the jet pumps are on high.

The manufacturers program those tubs to bypass while on high, assuming the jets are on high because someone is getting a massage. The one hour waiting period is to ensure that you are not inhaling live ozone while "soaking" with the jets off or on low.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2005, 02:48:26 pm »
The Sundance ozone system shuts off when any pump is manually turned on, either high or low speed.

stabone

• Just Bring It !!
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2005, 02:50:04 pm »
  My belief on ozone is that anything that allows you to put less chemicals, in the water you are getting into on a regular basis is good for you.  Whatever you submerge your body in, is getting into your body. Even more so in hot water. As long as the water is sanitized and clean, the method of getting there can be different, but sanitized water that has less ppm in chemicals, is much healthier.  
 Not all ozone systems are equal, and the amounts of chemicals they reduce will vary. I am a real believer in keeping any water that my body is in as pure and chemical free as possible. I use shower filters, reverse osmosis, and ozone systems,  for my house, pool and spa.
  My point is that a tub that has clear water, but higher chemical levels to acheive it, is not as healthy for you as water that is just as clear and sanitized but has very low chemical levels.   Just my opinion, I am a health nut, and I also try to eat only organic food!!  
  www.naturalcures.com is an awesome website, if your interested finding out what kind of garbage is in our mass produced foods, how to make you homes water supply more healthy, and the deceptions of the food and drug industry.  Sorry a little off topic  ;D

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2005, 04:32:12 pm »
Sorry a little off topic  ;D

Stabone,

By all means, stay off topic! ;D  I really enjoy your off topic posts, and agree with the above completely.

-Ed

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2005, 04:41:46 pm »
Stabone;

It sounds like you think ozone is not a chemical. I guess it depends on how you want to define chemical.....

Oxygen is both a gas and a chemical. Ozone is three oxygen molocules.....
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 04:43:57 pm by HotTubMan »

stabone

• Just Bring It !!
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2005, 05:05:34 pm »
  Man made chemicals!!   Why would you sell or by ozone if you think higher levels of Chlorine or Bromine are fine.  Your body needs oxygen, not chlorine. We get so much chlorine in our systems from drinking water, taking showers, baths, etc.
 Are you arguing to argue, because you don't like the brand of tub I sell, or did you have an opinion, do you not agree with what I said???

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2005, 05:08:58 pm »
Isn't the ozone produced in your tub the result of a man made component (not to mention how "toxic" ozone is considered)? And by the way it is Oxygen that ultimately kills us... oxidation baby!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 05:09:56 pm by empolgation »
e

stabone

• Just Bring It !!
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2005, 05:41:52 pm »
   Wow, opinions are like ass-holes, and their are plenty of them on this site.  (Opinions I mean)   If you think ozone is toxic, don't use it.  I fill my tub with natural spring water, have a peak ozone system,  I add 4 oz of granular every 2 weeks, have never had to add a ph or alk.  The tub I had before, had a standard CD ozone, (only ran with pump while filtering, or pump was operating).  I used a Bromine salt weekly, and non-chlorine shock after use.  Water had an average of 1 to 3 ppm of bromine. Which is low and I felt comfortable with that.

You can put yourself and family in whatever type of water treatment you prefer. I'll take mine that doesn't even read a ppm on a test stripe.  And keeps my ph neutral. It also, feels and smells cleaner than any hot tub water I have been in before!!!    
  I used to think ozone was a crock, (and most of the old systems were).  Ozone has come a long way, and I still believe has a long way to go.  A couple years back I decided to learn more about ozone, and I am continuing to try and learn more.  

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2005, 05:45:15 pm »
 Man made chemicals!!   Why would you sell or by ozone if you think higher levels of Chlorine or Bromine are fine.  Your body needs oxygen, not chlorine. We get so much chlorine in our systems from drinking water, taking showers, baths, etc.
  Are you arguing to argue, because you don't like the brand of tub I sell, or did you have an opinion, do you not agree with what I said???

Stabone;

I do not know how many times I have to say it, but here goes:

I have no problem with the design, look, functionality, energy efficiency etc of Arctic Spas. They appear to be good tubs. They would not have cracked the worlds top 20 if they were bad.

I have a problem with the way many Arctic dealers market the product. Claims of superiority and instilling fear in consumers is what I dislike.

I am still not sure about you. You seem quite smart and logical at times. Other times you completely miss what is being said and make comments I do not understand at all (your comments about hottest chicks.....missed the point, the boat and who knows what else).

I did disagree with your statement. As empologation and I pointed out, ozone in a spa is a man made chemical. Just because you like it alot does not change this.

Stop this miopic "if someone disagrees with me they are anti-Arctic" thinking. Are that insecure about the product?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2005, 05:45:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42