What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie mistake  (Read 2813 times)

randy821

Newbie mistake
« on: January 12, 2005, 03:40:19 pm »
I now know what is meant by spatopia!  Love my new spa 2005 Marquis Reward.  But than again having wet tested 12 different spas I was expecting that.  

I now know why there is a disconnect box close to the spa.  I did my own wiring.  I wanted to be sure I could wire the spa correctly before I added the water.  Minnesota gets rather cold this time of year.  I finished the wiring and turned on the main breaker in the house and the breaker in the disconnect box.  I checked the lights and everything appeared to work fine.  I hooked up the hose and started to fill the spa.  Gee, what is that strange sound?  I did not turn on the spa, only the lights.  That strange sound is the main jet pump not getting any water to pump.  I immediately went to the disconnect box and turned off the power.  My spa does not have an on / off switch.  If you want it off, you use the disconnect box.

Outside of having to prime the pump by letting out some air there was no damage.  The electronics were probably designed to allow for this mistake.

Randy

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie mistake
« on: January 12, 2005, 03:40:19 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Newbie mistake
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 03:51:43 pm »
Hi Randy ,

Nice choice...in the end what lead to go with the 2005 reward you must have just wet tested it since it is so new...enjoy and when filling your spa remove one of the filters and place your hose there it will take care of priming the pumps.....

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 02:26:10 pm »
My version of that is appying power before the tub is completely full. (Want to get it heating as fast as possible you know!

On my 2 pump model, pump 2 (single high speed) kicks on one minute after applying power (just enough time to get your head in the tub.  With a low water level this send water everywhere.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 09:59:19 am »
I do believe that the Marquis line has a prime setting. When you fill the hot tub, the pumps create their own prime. This may take a few minutes but needless to say I don't think you hurt anything by starting it up before it was full.
So,...how do you like it. Is it everything that you thought it would be.
Welcome aboard... ;)

randy821

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 05:53:50 pm »
So far we have only used it twice.  Two days ago our outside temperature dropped to a high of maybe 5 below zero with wind chill around 30 below.  Sunday it should warm up to positive numbers, so it will be back to soaking.

Since we are not using it for 5 days I lowered the water temp from 102 to 80.  When I know when we will be using it again I will turn the heat back up.  I calulate it should take about 4 hours to get it back to 102.  Does this make sense to try to save some heating costs?

Randy

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 06:20:55 pm »
it gets debated and most say no it is not worth the trouble and in the end may not save any money....I would set it and forget it.....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 06:20:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42