What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Advertising-Dealers  (Read 1534 times)

huh?

• "42"
Advertising-Dealers
« on: January 13, 2005, 06:06:35 pm »
Hello fellow Hydro Therapy Personelle.  Since we can assume that nobody in  here is competing against anyone else...I have a few small questions.  What kind of advertising seems to work best? Direct Mail? Newspaper? Radio?
Does a soft sell seem to work better or do you prefer a hard sell?
Does anyone have any experience with TOMA?

I know this is kinda a loaded question, but we are having a hard time finding a steady medium.  If you would be more comfortable, send me an IM and we can make sure we don't compete/ or share openly to potential competition.  

Thanks In Advance.

-Cheers
¿

Hot Tub Forum

Advertising-Dealers
« on: January 13, 2005, 06:06:35 pm »

Chris_H

Re: Advertising-Dealers
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 06:45:14 pm »
Huh?,
I really think it depends on the brands you are selling.  A certain major manufacturer generates a large amount of leads seriously about 100 times the amount of it's biggest competitor.  Hence I believe in that case a direct mail program probably is best.  However, the other manufacturer that does not generate many leads a different type of advertising is best like newspaper or radio.

I personally believe direct mail is the cheapest and the most effective way of advertising for a retail establishment.  You spend probably $1 dollar per mailer.  Assuming you send 500 mailers (very low amount) and a 3% return, 15 people will go to your business to at least look at your product.  I have found 50% of those 15 will buy.  That is pretty damn cheap advertising.

A salesman should be able to be both a hard seller and a soft seller depending on the situation and circumstances.

What is TOMA?

If you are having a hard time finding a steady medium that is caused by a few major factors:
A) Not keeping and following up onleads
B) Cyclical business - winter is a damn slow time of the year for the eastcoast
C) Your salespeople just can't sell

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 08:44:26 pm »
TOMA is Top Of Mind Awareness.  Our newspaper was pushing a few programs to follow this principle.  It is based on repeat exposure.  ie. When you want fried chicken and fast what pops into mind...KFC.  The program made a lot of sense, however, when being told by a sales  rep for a newspaper agency that repeat exposure is key and you need to advertise religously (frequently) you kinda feel like you are just being sold.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! :)
¿

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 08:44:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42