What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question for Dichlor users  (Read 5647 times)

TCMarvin

Re: Question for Dichlor users
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2005, 05:49:37 pm »
Does eco one come with penicillian shots and medical aides so when you've gone that long without dichlor you can treat yourself for the multiple skin conditions you are going to get? Sounds like a sespool of human body fluids and floating gunk to me. Glad you enjoy it.

Bubbles

The question was in regard to NOT using the spa for a period of time and how to maintain it while you are away. If you reread my post i stated that "I dosed the spa with dichlor before i got back in it".

Lori

I felt my response was warranted. I use Dichlor and have gone long periods of time without being able to add anything too it. I explained how i do it and this is what the was asked.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2005, 05:49:37 pm »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2005, 06:19:51 pm »
Fair enough, TC.  I didn't mean any offense!

;D
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2005, 06:45:03 pm »
Ok then... ::) ;D

So it is kinda what I figured. I just find it hard to understand how everyone (with their busy lives) still remembers to add dichlor to their spa every day or two.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it but this system leaves very little room for error IMO. Once the spa is without chlorine for any length of time, you've opened the door for cloudy, foamy water not to mention bacteria.

I bet a lot of you would find a chlorine floater far less work. It's not difficult to maintain a 1-3ppm reading with regular use of a floater. I do agree that the addition of ozone will help prevent the water from going "south" on you as quickly but I know with my lifestyle and my wife’s lack of interest in the spa chemicals, that adding dichlor with the frequency noted here, would never work for us.

Thanks for your input everyone,  :)

Steve

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2005, 06:42:53 am »
Steve,

I may be busy, but I always take time to at least look at the water!  Maybe 5 minutes in the evening when I get home (if I'm not going in that night)!  Hubby has no clue about maintenance, so I told him to just stay clear.  If he wants to get in the tub (which is hardly never) I'm usually with him.  I told him it is 1 tsp. of chlorine, no big deal, but he can't seem to get the concept!

Ah well...
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wetone

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2005, 08:46:00 am »
Ok then... ::) ;D

I bet a lot of you would find a chlorine floater far less work. It's not difficult to maintain a 1-3ppm reading with regular use of a floater.

If they made Dichlor in small puck's for a floater this would be sweet.

Chlorine puck's are trichlor which is not that great for a spa over time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2005, 08:46:00 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42