What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Micro Clean Filter for Optima  (Read 3986 times)

Max78

Micro Clean Filter for Optima
« on: January 09, 2005, 06:14:15 pm »
Just drained my Optima tub today and am refilling.  I ordered a new Micro Clean filter from my dealer but it won't be here for a few days (he is about an hour and a half from here).  My present Micro Clean filter is looking pretty bad (4 months old) and is starting to fall apart.  My question is:  Is it better to use the old Micro Clean filter til my new one arrives or should I not use old one at all?  Would it interfere with the operation of the tub without a Micro Clean filter if I waited til my new one arrrived?  

Hot Tub Forum

Micro Clean Filter for Optima
« on: January 09, 2005, 06:14:15 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Micro Clean Filter for Optima
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 08:17:39 am »
Your micro filter is on the line with your heater and circulation pump.  My circ pump is set for 24/7, so it's always on.  Your call if you want to run unfiltered water for a few days.  Not sure I'd want to myself, but I usually go on the conservative side for these things.
I personally would not re use the old filter if it's in the bad shape you say.

Brewman.
Brewman

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 12:42:23 pm »
I think that providing you don't have any debris in the hot tub presenylt, you are OK for a couple of days without the Microclean filter. Do yourself a favor, get 2 or 3 of them so this won't happen again. Your larger reemay filter will handle the bather load in the meantime.
Best of luck...

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 12:46:01 pm »
I agree with Brewman. If the micro filter is already falling apart, don't  re-use it. The larger reemay filter will handle most of the other debris in the water. Get yourself a couple of spare micro filters so you don't run into this again.
Best of luck...

Max78

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 02:43:41 pm »
Thanks for the replies.  I went ahead and put the filter in back last night when it was time to turn the power back on but I will probably go out and remove the Micro Filter.  I did order a couple of filters yesterday and they should be here in the next couple of days.  I just wasn't sure if not having the micro filter would interfere with any of the operations of the tub but if it doesn't, then I will probably just remove it for the time being.  

cparlf

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 04:27:29 pm »
Speaking of micro clean filters...how do I know when to change it?  Mine have never looked as if they were falling apart, but did get yucky brown / tanish in color.  I have been through three since August.  Do they lose efficiency or worse if they are left in too long?  

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 07:13:45 pm »
Sundance says change them every 3 months. One site online that sells them said every month.  Alot will depend on how much you use your tub (ie: how much "stuff" gets introduced to it).  

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 08:34:38 pm »
I change mine every water change.  Which works out to about 4 times per year.  My pre winter water change needs to last from the end of October to early March, so I go about 4 months on that one.  
Brewman
Brewman

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2005, 11:46:14 am »
I also change mine every four months.  I would keep the old filter in until the new one arrives.

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2005, 02:15:30 pm »
I've been changing my micro filter once a month.

My dealer recommended that I do this ( I know some of you will say that that is so he can make more money off of me ) but hey.  I also replace my pleated filter once a month at the same time by cleaning it out and letting it rest. I have two of those which I switch back and forth.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2005, 02:50:36 pm »
It's your spa, and your dough.  At one month, my micro filter is barely dirty.  
Brewman
Brewman

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2005, 04:14:23 pm »
Sundance recommends three months.  I swap out at four months when I change my water, but I could easily go longer.  I also clean my pleated filter monthly, but hardly ever need to rinse it in between cleannings.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2005, 04:14:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42