What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Am I getting a fair price?  (Read 2596 times)

camptown

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Am I getting a fair price?
« on: January 09, 2005, 08:17:21 am »
Hello all --

I am about to replace an aging spa and have been sampling a variety of models.  One which appears to be a good choice is the Caldera Spas Paradise Series Geneva.  

It is a 2004 model that has been on the floor for a few months but seems to be in excellent condition.  

I have had a difficult time finding comparable prices on the internet.  (Interesting that I can easily find a hundred prices for computer components but none for spas.)

Anyway, I live in the Washington DC area.  The best price quoted for the Geneva is $7400. This includes: delivery, removal of old tub, cover, lifter, steps and start up kit.  

Would you consider this a fair price?  Also, any comments regarding the Paradise seriers Geneva would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Camptown :)

Hot Tub Forum

Am I getting a fair price?
« on: January 09, 2005, 08:17:21 am »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: Am I getting a fair price?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 08:32:54 am »
Camp,
I'm not familiar with the pricing on this particular spa but I suggest searching this site and the forum at rhtubs.com for tub prices before you make your decision.  I'm sure you will get plenty of hits.......and don't be in a hurry.......good luck! 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 10:15:36 am »
Definitely fair, perhaps great price including the removal.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

autoplay

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 01:39:44 pm »
I own a 2003 Geneva Utopia.  I opted for the top of the line,as I can adjust the power/therapy needs.

I would suggest a wet test is in order.......and I would see if you can wet-test/compare the Utopia series alongside the Paradise series.

The removal aspect of your spa,and that being included with the price of the spa,is a great deal!  Sounds like you have a good dealer,willing to work with you.(dealer a big equation in your purchase,now and future needs)

If you have time,view/wet-test  Hot-Springs,Caldera,D-1,Jacuzzi,Sundance,Marquis.....in no particular order.

GL

jmig

• caldera geneva utopia
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 02:27:13 pm »
They dont make the Geneva in the Paradise series any longer.  The difference was about 11 jets(the neck jets in the Ecsta seat and some calf jets) also the pumps are different horsepower. We tested both not much difference my wife liked the calf jets in two of the seats so we went with the utopia. We paid about what your paying in Conn. Dont know how much your being charged to remove old spa but you may be able to do better as I think the Paradise went for around 6700.00

TC

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 07:34:15 pm »
My wife and I almost bought a Geneva and we were quoted about $7800.00.  That was for everything except removal.  That sounds like a good price to me.....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 07:34:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42