What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HOT TUB REVIEWS  (Read 8081 times)

bobhol

• delivery in 35 minutes......or its LATE!!!
HOT TUB REVIEWS
« on: January 04, 2005, 11:28:48 am »
This forum generates an incredible amount of info and solves a lot of problems for people.Saying that,I don't see a lot of reviews after people have purchased their tubs. I think its a great way to give back some information and observations to help even more people.Also ,is there a way to add info to an existing review to update it? I realize there are a lot of 1 or 2 month reviews that may change after 6 months or a year. Anyone have  some ideas on this?   bobhol

Hot Tub Forum

HOT TUB REVIEWS
« on: January 04, 2005, 11:28:48 am »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: HOT TUB REVIEWS
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 11:41:04 am »
I agree that this review section in under-utilized.

If anyone reading this owns a spa and hasn't done so, please post a review of your spa in the "review section" above in the dark blue.

I don't think there's a way to edit or update a previous review but I don't why you just couldn't add another with a title of "update" beside the model of your spa? I could be wrong. I haven't been this year yet though! ;D

Maybe our Master Bill can shed some light? ??? ;)

Steve

MellowBeerMan

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 12:12:49 pm »
I plan on reviewing every spa I "wet test" I will offer mine and hopefully three others (my testers)

i loved reading the reviews that are on there.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 12:23:02 pm »
This brings up a good point. Can one thoroughly review a spa accurately by just a wet test?

I'm not discounting your input MBM but it would be tough to give a real review on a car you test drove for 10 minutes right?

Thoughts...?

Steve

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 12:40:08 pm »
Thoughts...?

This topic had some thoughts on (and off) the subject...
About Reviews
e

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2005, 04:27:22 pm »
From Mendocino101: In reading some of the reviews it seems that there are a fair number that are written based only on a wet test....does this seem fair...I do not think that wet testing necessarily gives a enough insight on a spa for a competent review.....any thoughts....

HOLY COW, were those 2 posts similar or WHAT? Great minds, right buddy!

That thread really didn't accomplish much on the debate. Growling dogs, martini's and bleu cheese is what I got out of it! ;D

Steve

UnderTheStars

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2005, 06:27:48 pm »
That's exactly why I haven't posted a review of my tub.  I plan to do so AFTER I've lived with it for a minimum of a year.

'Course I'm a newb, first tub I've owned. . .someone who's owned multiple tubs could probably do a decent review after using a tub for a couple months.  But after a wet test?  No offense intended but I don't think so.

Ever read the book reviews people post on Amazon.com and then buy the book?  Some of the reviews are good.   But I'm convinced some are written by folks who just thumbed through the book in a bookstore without owning/reading the whole text.  It's a similar thing, you miss a lot of nuance and subtlties.  

UnderTheStars

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2005, 06:34:10 pm »
Postscript:   (or should I say "footnote" after the book analogy?!?)

Anyway, just read what I posted & wanted to add. . .Please do POST your reviews after wet testing.  I love reading how people reacted to diff. tubs & what they thought.  But I think the most useful REVIEWS are the ones written by people who've lived with a tub long enough to "drive it into a corner and really know it's strength/weaknesses.  FWIW. . .
Stars

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2005, 06:56:53 pm »
UTS,

Forgive me if I presume too much, but I agree with what I think you are trying to say.  Write a review of your wet tests as a thread, I did when I was trying to decide.  Then after you have your tub, and live with it a while, post a review in the REVIEW section of this site.  That is what I did.  Of course, I haven't looked at my review in a while, can't remember when I posted it (I'll have to go check when I get done posting this) but had lived with it for a few months.

I wish you could edit your reviews, but I like the idea of writing a new one, under your tub model with update in the title, or something like that!

Anyway, long way to say, review your wet tests, but putting those in the review section may not be the best use of that medium.

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2005, 07:57:34 pm »
We let her stay 'cause she's so smart! ;) ;D

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Steve

MellowBeerMan

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2005, 05:47:21 am »
sounds fair enough...I will post my "wet test" reviews together to explain why i chose the tub I did and why not the others, and then follow up witha overall review with dealer experience after a period of time.

so unfortunately for you guys, that might mean I will be around for awhile with my horrible spelling and grammar.

sorry but you brought this on yourselves..LOL  ;D

Lori

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2005, 10:59:44 am »
MellowBeerMan,

Bring it on, dear, you can't be any worse than the rest of us!!!

Steve,  :-*

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2005, 12:31:59 pm »
I agree that this review section in under-utilized.

Maybe our Master Bill can shed some light? ??? ;)

Steve

Well, I haven't been pushing it as an issue, with the forum move coming up (no new news on that )  There is 2 reviews of my tub by the way!  I think almost every review the first week will be glowing.  Mine was, I updated it 6 months later.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

MellowBeerMan

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2005, 01:02:59 pm »
MellowBeerMan,

Bring it on, dear, you can't be any worse than the rest of us!!!

Steve,  :-*

hmmm this board is starting to get interesting!  :o

Lori

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2005, 01:24:04 pm »
I was talking about grammar and spelling issues any of us might have!  What I hate is the simple spelling issues, like when I type teh instead of the.  Those are the worst!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2005, 01:24:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42