What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Euporia or J-385? Close to Pulling Trigger  (Read 3719 times)

spanewbe

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Euporia or J-385? Close to Pulling Trigger
« on: January 04, 2005, 02:47:50 pm »
We wet tested the Euphoria SA again and the J-355 again on back to back days.  The Jacuzzi dealer has no J-385 full of water (and will not fill one for us), but assures us the corner seats and the lounge of the J-355 are identical to those in the J-385.  We are down to these two tubs and are having a tough time sorting out which features are most important to us.  Price is not a deciding factor as both spas are available for $8,000 excluding tax.

Jacuzzi Pros:
Lounge Seat
Bigger Dimensions
A Lot More Water (550 gallons vs. 400 gallons)
Jet Therapy Feels a bit better and more varied

Marquis Pros:
Better Warranty
Two-speed pumps (kind of nice for quiet time with water still circulating)
Very comfy cool down seats

We are leaning to the J-385 because it seems to offer a bit more spa for the same money.  The J-385 offers 4 very good seats (3 corners and 1 lounge) with full submersion while the Euphoria offers 2 very good full submersion corner seats and two very good, jetted, corner cool down seats.  Since we live in the desert of Phoenix with more warm months than cold, the cool down seats offer more value to us than others in colder climates and will perhaps enhance our spa use during the warmer months.  But the Euphoria does not set up as well as the J-385 when more than 2 adults want to be in a nice corner seat submerged up to the neck in colder weather.

Any thoughts from the board on the following would be appreciated:

1) usefullness/value of cool down seats (especially directed to those in warmer climates)
2) fairness of quoted prices for the spas
3) feedback on either spa for current owners

Thanks again.

Hot Tub Forum

Euporia or J-385? Close to Pulling Trigger
« on: January 04, 2005, 02:47:50 pm »

poolboy34

Re: Euporia or J-385? Close to Pulling Trigger
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 03:19:53 pm »
Have you tried the Marquis Reward???  It has a lounger and is roughly the same size as the euphoria.  Also, I know you've narrowed it down to those two tubs, but there are similar tubs offered by other manufacturers that will fit your needs as well.  A few such tubs would be the Caldera Geneva Utopia & the Niagara Utopia.  Also the Dimension One Chairman II, Chairman, Californian, Diplomat, and Lotus bay would fill your needs.  The Hot Spring Sovereign, Envoy, and Vista fit your requirements as well.  Any which way you decide you'll be getting a great tub.

Jason,
Store Manager for a D-1 & Caldera Dealer

BIG_PAPA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 06:39:14 pm »
If possible i would take a look at the new 2005 marquis reward.Really an awsome spa!

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 07:30:11 pm »
You've gotten great feedback to your previous posts regarding these tubs. Most would consider the choice of a lounge seat a deciding factor -  you either want it or you don't ... as mentioned check out the 05 Reward; some have called the seat a "hybrid lounger" - looks to be a fantastic tub.

The amount of water really doesn't mean that much. Some tubs can be designed to have less water volume and yet have more "usable space" - it's all in how the tub feels when you are using it to meet your needs.

Cool down seats are great! I've found that the women that use my tub tend to prefer the cooldown seats. They offer a nice "compromise" to water temp - those who like it hotter can stay in the deeper seats while those who don't can still enjoy the tub for a substantial amount of time in the cool down seat... especially when they offer jet therapy.

My opinion... you can't know if the J-385 offers more spa for the same money until you Wet test it. I would insist on a wet test if they have a tub otherwise travel to another dealer that has that tub to test.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2005, 07:30:49 pm by empolgation »
e

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 12:14:40 pm »

Hi Spanewbe,  I believe that the Jacuzzi has at least one pump that is 2 speed.  I own the 345 and it has the one pump 2 speed, and other is a one speed.  I think you couldn't go wrong with either choice.  I love the 385, and for the money it seems like a great tub.  The Marquis warranty seems to be a little stronger, but I always wonder, as a consumer, if they offer a longer warranty, what does that mean.  Either they stand behind their product longer, or they don't anticipate any problems occurring during that extended period of time.

Anyway, you'll love having a tub either way.  Best of luck.

Mark
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 12:15:47 pm by golferm »

brandy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 10:20:57 am »
Took delivery of a J-385 last July and love it.  Plenty of room and plenty of seating options.  With the different speeds on the pumps and the diverters you can sure configure it to whatever feels comfortable.

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2005, 02:05:31 pm »
I don't think that you can go wrong with either one, but before you sign on the dotted line. It cost you nothing to look at the 2005 Marquis Reward. If you are contemplating the Euphoria, it may make sense to look at the Reward. If after viewing or test soaking in it, you decide differently, go for it! Remember, this is a long term ownership, do your best to compare.

Good luck with your decision, I think you'll be fine.

moshspa

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2005, 05:14:17 pm »
If the dealer won't fill a J-385 for you to wet test in order to make the sale, what type of service do you think they will provide once they have your money?  I'd find a different dealer who actually cares that you have a spa you are comfortble with.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2005, 05:14:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42