What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What to get with spa besides obvious  (Read 3614 times)

randy821

What to get with spa besides obvious
« on: January 06, 2005, 12:24:09 pm »
When I actually purchase my new spa I will get a cover, a cover lift, steps and start up chemicals.  I know I will need some kind of water test kit.  Any thing else you would recommend buying immediately?

Hot Tub Forum

What to get with spa besides obvious
« on: January 06, 2005, 12:24:09 pm »

poolboy34

Re: What to get with spa besides obvious
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 12:27:56 pm »
Most dealers include a test kit with the start up care package.  If you are within close proximity to your dealer, just bring them a sample of water on a monthly basis untill you get your routine down.  You might also want to consider getting an LED light if it's available.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 12:41:41 pm »
If you use well water, a prefilter that attached to the garden hose is better than softenned water.

LED's are nice, as mentioned.

If the tub lacks beverage recepticles, a spa tray/shelf can be handy.

Some people here have discussed things like towel warmers (some made their own).

Aroma's can be a nice accent.

Plactic drink ware for those who don't drink out of a can.
Homeworks Financing Representative

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 12:50:13 pm »
When I actually purchase my new spa I will get a cover, a cover lift, steps and start up chemicals.  I know I will need some kind of water test kit.  Any thing else you would recommend buying immediately?

Beer, ice, and a speedo.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 12:53:30 pm »
Bill, we've seen your picture, stop mentioning the speedo! :-[

Homeworks Financing Representative

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 01:29:45 pm »
Bill, we've seen your picture, stop mentioning the speedo! :-[

Thank the spa gods it's not a thong!  :P :-[
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 01:29:58 pm by doodoo »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2005, 05:50:37 pm »
If you haven't cut the deal with your dealer yet, get him to include an extra set of filters with your purchase.

Also, I highly recommend the Taylor Test Kit.  Also, the included booklet is a wealth of water balance and sanitization information.

8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2005, 07:48:20 pm »
Bathrobes, towels, new flip flops  :)  plastic wine/rocks glasses, ice bucket, spa table that mounts on the side to hold your drinks, eyeglasses, spa remote!

If you buy a HS Vista or Envoy you won't need an extra set of filters!!! ;)  They are plastic and will last for years......

Jonathan

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2005, 09:19:15 am »
If you buy a HS Vista or Envoy you won't need an extra set of filters!!! ;)  They are plastic and will last for years......

Indeed they will last for years but the extra set gets them in and out quickly when cleaning.....especially if you have FIVE filters to clean.... ;)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2005, 11:43:57 am »
Indeed they will last for years but the extra set gets them in and out quickly when cleaning.....especially if you have FIVE filters to clean.... ;)

You shouldn't run a spa without the filters in place as you can such debris (especailly hair) into the pump(s) so having at least one extra so you can rotate while cleaning them works great. Its even better to have a full set so you can swap out but some balk at that idea. Personally, if I'm going to spend 5-9k on a spa I'll go the extra length of having a spare set as its not like they'll go to waste as at a minimum you'll extend the amount of time before you need to replace any of them.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2005, 11:49:11 am »
In my Vista I have one extra filter.  I am running the paper old style filter on the re-circ pump and I put the original filter on it when I do my cleaning.  For the other 4 filters it doesn't matter since they only filter water when the jets are running.

The dealer gave me the extra paper filter for free, he said that it will work better on the re-circ and I think he is right.

Jonathan

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2005, 10:15:22 am »
The dealer gave me the extra paper filter for free, he said that it will work better on the re-circ and I think he is right.

I would agree.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2005, 12:48:02 pm »
Chas,

Does HS send out bullitens or monthly memos to all of their dealers letting them know of things like this with the filter?  I'm curious to know if they go that extra step with their retail dealers.

Jonathan

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2005, 12:48:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42