What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jets Keep Popping Out on Beachcomber!  (Read 16829 times)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jets Keep Popping Out on Beachcomber!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2005, 10:45:50 pm »
Yes you do. What about our mutual friend......LOLOLOL

But thats another story.....

I thought of that while I was typing; hence the "too many" part of my post! ;)

Had a good conversation with him today BTW! You gonna show up next Friday night? Bring the beer and pizza!

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2005, 10:45:50 pm »

teebone110

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2005, 06:28:42 pm »
I have been thinking about this whole R1, R2, etc. Jet Insert Issue and I am wondering why Beachcomber did not just come out and contact those customers who own these tubs with the defective jets and had them replaced in the first place.

I am sure that there are some records out there that could trace back those who purchased which tub, based on serial numbers, etc. Especially if it was affecting tubs from 2002 and 2003.

I know there are a lot of people out there putting up with this, and not even realizing that there is a proper fix for this annoying problem. :-/ :-/ :-/

But then I guess it is not only a problem that affects Beachcomber tubs exclusively. Sounds like a Waterway mess up. ???

People work hard for their money and when they choose to buy something of significant value, I feel that the manufacturer should ensure that their customers are taken care of to the best of their abilities as much as possible.
This includes going that extra mile to make sure that their customers remain happy with their purchase, not only 1 week, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years after their investment.

Some people may have had better luck than I, but I think there is always room for improvement.

I just think that things like this should be handled better.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 06:37:15 pm by teebone110 »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2005, 07:54:17 pm »
I do not beleive they have records of who has R1, R2 etc. I could be wrong.

Many have come into our store saying "I have a '01 Beachcomber and I need a new ____" thinking that it is like cars. Beachcomber would do things like use 2 or more pumps in calender year. The answer is always "Bring it in or call with Manf. part #"

Another snafu was the covers. The straps do not always line up with replacements. Beachcomber makes their own covers, but for some reason changed the distance from the corners. We had to replace replacement covers under warranty because of this.

As far as the jets, you are 100%, it affected many manufacturers. I think some manufacturers handled it better than others.
Homeworks Financing Representative

teebone110

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2005, 08:24:27 pm »
Hey HotTubMan, I just read in your profile that you are in Ontario. Where is your store, maybe I will start to do business with you in the future! :)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2005, 09:40:54 pm »
I think the reason they didn't do a complete recall of sorts, is that not all of these jets have this issue. You can have an R1 or R2 jet that works for many years without a problem.

Steve

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2005, 01:13:06 am »
I own a 2002 Beachcomber 550x.
I have not had any jet problems to date.
One thing that influnenced my buying decision was our friend Steve.  What a salesman!
Steve gave me a great deal of comfort in purchasing our Beachcomber with his informative postings on this board.
I am still really pleased with our Beachcomber 550x

Regards, Zz

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2005, 09:56:42 am »
Hey ZZ! Nice to see you back again. How are things?

Teebone, I am in Burlington, but I am no longer a Beachcomber dealer.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2005, 09:56:42 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42