What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looks like a MasterSpa on eBay for $2600 WITH LCD  (Read 7762 times)

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Re: Looks like a MasterSpa on eBay for $2600 WITH
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2004, 06:40:35 pm »

I am not so sure spending 9000.00 for that spa is "winning"....But I do hope they thoughly enjoy it....

I wouldn't consider that a win, but that is just me!

Loving my Vanguard!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2004, 06:40:35 pm »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2004, 06:58:08 pm »
I'm certainly in agreement with Mendo and Lori......$9000 for that spa is just too much. I'm certainly not a fan of TV, radio, cd players or anything else that does not contribute to the hydrotherapy of a spa and feel that one is only adding potential service headaches with the inclusion of these appurtenances, IMHO.  My LSX cost $1000 less and is considered a step up from the 750 though they share many common traits.  Best of luck to the new owners though I think they have taken the hard road with this purchase.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2004, 07:15:17 pm »
I'm certainly in agreement with Mendo and Lori......$9000 for that spa is just too much. I'm certainly not a fan of TV, radio, cd players or anything else that does not contribute to the hydrotherapy of a spa and feel that one is only adding potential service headaches with the inclusion of these appurtenances, IMHO.  My LSX cost $1000 less and is considered a step up from the 750 though they share many common traits.  Best of luck to the new owners though I think they have taken the hard road with this purchase.

That's about $6000 less than most Master Spa dealer sell a 750FST for, and Windy you are so correct, the TV's are an absolute pain. Even the lifting mechanisum rusts and fails constantly.

windsurfdog

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2004, 09:37:11 am »
That's about $6000 less than most Master Spa dealer sell a 750FST for, and Windy you are so correct, the TV's are an absolute pain. Even the lifting mechanisum rusts and fails constantly.

Wow.......$6K more.....hard to imagine anyone putting that much more into something so potentially full of headaches.  And the lifting mechanism never even crossed my mind.......I can see your point very clearly.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2004, 09:51:14 am »
Wow.......$6K more.....hard to imagine anyone putting that much more into something so potentially full of headaches.  And the lifting mechanism never even crossed my mind.......I can see your point very clearly.

Some dealers in the Midwest actually sell that spa for $19000! It's a rip but you can't believe the people that flock in because of the TV, DVD, CD and other gadgetry...

Funny thing is the factory doesn't even have a good grasp on how to fix the video/audio equipment and all of those expensive electronic gadgets have a year warranty!

windsurfdog

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2005, 01:51:52 pm »
Some dealers in the Midwest actually sell that spa for $19000! It's a rip but you can't believe the people that flock in because of the TV, DVD, CD and other gadgetry...

Funny thing is the factory doesn't even have a good grasp on how to fix the video/audio equipment and all of those expensive electronic gadgets have a year warranty!

$19K?  Unbelieveable.......sounds like people with more money than good sense......
Not surprising though disappointing that the factory does not have expertise to repair the ancilliary stuff......just another good reason not to mix the equipment......like buying an home theater system from Sony with a built-in hot tub........

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2005, 11:37:53 am »
$19K?  Unbelieveable.......sounds like people with more money than good sense......
Not surprising though disappointing that the factory does not have expertise to repair the ancilliary stuff......just another good reason not to mix the equipment......like buying an home theater system from Sony with a built-in hot tub........

Funny you should bring Sony up, I sold a spa to a guy that owns a very large car audio company in town and he says that his biggest failure under warrenty is Sony.

I think Master has gone away from this. I've also heard that they hired a guy with Audio/Video experience however, one guy won't be enough.

Also got to hear that thier to customer service guy (and the only one that could help us there) is now a territory rep for HotSpring!

Drifter

• Master Spa LS850 Owner!
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2005, 10:20:27 pm »
The seller describes the spa as having a list price of $18,000. Ummm I guess the LS850 I bought last year for just under 8k was a real bargin!  ;D

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2005, 10:59:34 pm »
The seller describes the spa as having a list price of $18,000. Ummm I guess the LS850 I bought last year for just under 8k was a real bargin!  ;D

FST has audio, video, DVD, CD, flat screen pop up TV, floating remote and several other things that will break, fall apart and not be covered under warranty after a year.....

Yes, you did well by choosing the LS850 over a less reliable, gadget laden 750FST for double the money!

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2005, 12:00:13 pm »
Update, the winning bidder defaulted and cannot/wil not buy the tub. It is now being offered to the early bidders at a MUCH lower price. I did bid on it my high bid was 3700. Now they are wanting to (offered it) to me at that price. But now I think I want to offer 2700.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2005, 06:55:24 pm »
Update, the winning bidder defaulted and cannot/wil not buy the tub. It is now being offered to the early bidders at a MUCH lower price. I did bid on it my high bid was 3700. Now they are wanting to (offered it) to me at that price. But now I think I want to offer 2700.

Wiz - Looks like they tried to artifically "pumped" up the price. So are they saying that your bid of $3,700 was the next highest? There's a BIG difference between $3,700 and $9,000.  Sounds like a scam. See if they will allow you to pick it up in person before you agree to anything. There are a lot of eBay scams going on right now. This sounds like another one. Besides, $3,700 for that tub sounds like a bargain. I may have someone who would be interested in it if it came froma reputable dealer like yourself.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

salesdvl

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2005, 11:02:48 pm »

ME!?;D 8)

Stu, You really need to work on your self confidence dude.   :P
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2005, 11:02:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42