What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Hot Tub Shopper  (Read 7652 times)

MellowBeerMan

Re: New Hot Tub Shopper
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2005, 03:31:14 pm »
Thanks everyone, this is great, i found dealers for all the tubs you mentioned, we will definately do the water test on all of them. I am not leaning in any direction at the moment, still have alot of research to do.

But listening and reading, i will certainly enquire more, and will raise the tub at least 18 in.  for safety and ease.

I have to figure out how I want to design the deck around it, I read vinny's thread (thanks). I will certainly take it all into consideration.

to most tub dealers offer Financing? or should I just get a home equity loan, or pay in full? rather finance if I can, just makes things easier since I am doing a TON of work to my new home, I have other Priorities over the tub, such as finishing my basement off first which I am starting this week.

Thanks again for all your info and recommendations. Feel free to post any other manufactures that I should look into I am sure I will be asking a ton of questions in the future.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2005, 03:31:14 pm »

MellowBeerMan

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2005, 03:32:17 pm »
let's see if this works....this one is called the king....

« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 03:33:38 pm by MellowBeerMan »

rick

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2005, 04:48:05 pm »
Looks like major "footsie" action will be going on in that shell.  

I just have to say this to,  I can't stand bumping other people's feet when we have multiple people in the spa.

People start looking at you funny.  

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2005, 05:02:43 pm »
As long as its only my feet and its momentary and incidental I'm usually OK with it as its tough to avoid if the spa if full.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

MellowBeerMan

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2005, 07:21:44 am »
taking advice i am going to bring two friends including my wife, so we would have 4 people to test it out and four opinions.

i doubt i would buy the "king" anyway, I just figured I would post it.

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2005, 09:25:23 am »
MBM,

Great idea on the wet test.  Bring as many people as you can, and try to stay in the tub for a good 10-15 minutes.   Someone else on the board (Lori, maybe?) took a pad and paper and wrote down opinions.  It is very easy when wet testing several tubs to get things mixed up.  

I would also get any price quotes in writing.  I can't tell you the number of times when shopping we got a number, left, then came back for a second wet test and got a "oh, I told you that price? Well... that didn't include blah blah blah... here is the real price..."

-Ed

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2005, 12:56:12 pm »
Yes, I have suggested taking pen (pencil) and paper.

E is right, when you get done testing a few tubs, they start to get confused (or at least they did to me).  Someone else suggested it to me when I was looking last year, but I can't remember who to give credit.  Oh well...sorry!

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2005, 02:02:04 pm »
E is right, when you get done testing a few tubs, they start to get confused

indeed they do - they have no idea who's been in them and who hasn't and which people fit.

Taking notes is a great idea - also don't be shy to wet test a tub more than once.
e

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2005, 02:31:34 pm »
Another good point from the other E!!!

I wet tested my top two twice!!!  Just to make sure!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

randy821

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2005, 02:39:04 pm »
If you are not aware of this yet, many tubs that you might wet test do not have all of their jets pumping water at the same time.  I found the ones I tested  often used one or more diverter valves.  Some of the pumps may also run at more than one speed.  If you often will be having four people in the spa, try to see what can be done with the diverter valves to make most satisfied.

I also found from my limited experience, it took a couple of wet test in the same spa on different dates to help with the final decision.  I wet tested about a dozen different makes and later re-tested two.

Good luck.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2005, 02:39:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42